Work at the Vale this Weekend 30th and 31st July

For all things Wealdstone FC

Work at the Vale this Weekend 30th and 31st July

Postby attic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:14 pm

I am extremely pleased to announce most of the painting, tidying and maintenance jobs have been done. A great effort from everyone who has volunteered.

However!

The main ground improvements 'project' behind the dugouts is beginning to look extremely good, but needs a good few more days of graft to complete. Bananas is expecting delivery of hardcore tomorrow, and this will need to be put in place over the weekend. I would like to think that we can muster more than the usual 3 Musketeers or fabulous 4 to help out with this. Its reasonably hard work although you can work at the pace you are comfortable at.

By all accounts both Rayners Lane and Tring are going to be 'squad' matches, as the majority of the first team are confirmed to be training at the Vale during the morning. So I'd suggest you get yourself down to the Vale on Saturday or Sunday and give us a hand. We're going to need it.

Brigadier Bananas and Admiral Attic have one message to say:

Your club needs YOU.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Work at the Vale this Weekend 30th and 31st July

Postby Bananas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:49 pm

If I may just.leap upon this thread and toss.my tuppence in, yes we have a "substantial" load of crushed concrete arriving tomorrow, if we can get it shifted.into the right places this weekend then we can get the slab down next and the.job will.be virtually.done and dusted in time for the arrival of margate in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about the finished product as it will have without doubt.the.best views in the ground!
I know.many of you will be wanting to go to the games in the afternoon (blimey, i.wish.i.could!), but even if you can spare 2 hours in the morning it will help. Every hour spent there.by.one of you is one less hour someone else.has to put in and helps us get.nearer the grand prize.
Why.not pop down, give an hour of your time, get a bit of.a.sweat.on, so when you.look at the.finished item you can think with pride "a bit.of.me.went into that..."
Bring a towel and change of clothes, have a shower in the.ground and still make kick off!
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 pm

The gear has arrived and "substantial" doesn't do it justice. Hope to see a.few of you down tmrw from...ohh around 9ish onwards til the deed.is.done!
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 am

Thank you all who came down yesterday and put in a few hours at the coal face. We managed to bang out what needed doing, plus get a few extra bits done that have got us a little ahead of where we needed to be. Kudos of course to the regular attendees and respect to the handful of "new faces" who responded to the call to arms. Every little bit helps!
Tmrw I'll be putting the barriers back in for the visit of Crewe so to the untrained eye it might look no different to last week, but trust me a lot of sweat went into yesterday!
Next sat we do the concrete pour for the second step and really put the job to bed. If you can make it for a couple of hours in the morning please let me know in advance as this will influence how we do it. Get enough numbers and I will arrange for a pre mix delivery, if not we'll mix it ourselves which of course will be much more labour intensive.
Anyway, enough of my yacking, whatdoyasay...lets boogie!
Bananas

Postby attic » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Superb stuff yet again. Looks like the Lord Bartlett and Uncle Leo rallying call worked then!!

Apologies for my non appearance but have been struck down by some horrible virus type thing. Had to be the hottest weekend of the year too.

Yours in suffering.

Attic
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Return to stonesnet forum