Blazers 2 Stones 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Blazers 2 Stones 1

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:58 pm

I am not allowed to log-on as me.
Don't know why.
I am also not allowed to re-register as me.
Don't know why.
When Attic wiped the forum 10 years ago, it took me about 2 years to get back on... so you're unlucky that I got back so quickly this time.
I wanted to post a Merthyr forum link after being in the Valleys pre-Xmas. I had just walked through Northwick Park, past the crap boozer, so I randomly picked "Windermere Bore".
Windermere Bore

Postby 61663 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 pm

timfparks wrote:Hear hear Pete. Perhaps we should bar anybody from this forum who hides behind an alias. It seems they either have an agenda, or revel in spouting naive and unresearched bile from behind a mask. So who are you?

Well, Tim, if such a 'bar' became the norm this forum would be comprised solely of your true self having an inner conversation!

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:41 pm

And seriously, there are aliases and aliases, but surely there can't be many people on here don't know who Bowgetstone is, can there? :roll:
Windermere Bore

Postby worruz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am

Windermere Bore wrote:I am not allowed to log-on as me.
Don't know why.
I am also not allowed to re-register as me.
Don't know why.
When Attic wiped the forum 10 years ago, it took me about 2 years to get back on... so you're unlucky that I got back so quickly this time.
I wanted to post a Merthyr forum link after being in the Valleys pre-Xmas. I had just walked through Northwick Park, past the crap boozer, so I randomly picked "Windermere Bore".

That was my local for about 5 years when I lived in South Kenton. Lots of character(s) that place.

:lol:

I saw two pensioners fighting in there once while I was watching Barcelona v Real Madrid about 10 years ago.

:lol:
worruz

Postby worruz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am

Windermere Bore wrote:And seriously, there are aliases and aliases, but surely there can't be many people on here don't know who Bowgetstone is, can there? :roll:

Plenty wouldn't know him from Adam on the forum or even at games I'm sure.

Hundreds read this forum even if they don't contribute.
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am

worruz wrote:
Windermere Bore wrote:And seriously, there are aliases and aliases, but surely there can't be many people on here don't know who Bowgetstone is, can there? :roll:

Plenty wouldn't know him from Adam on the forum or even at games I'm sure.

Hundreds read this forum even if they don't contribute.

What Atticman, are they related :lol:
Stoney Ground

Postby deadly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am

timfparks wrote:And bowgettstone for that matter. Or Windermere Bore. What is it with you lot?
Is that supposed to be part of the thrill? To rip people apart and stay anonymous? Fair play to those who have stepped out of the shadows but there are far too many loony lurkers for my liking

Tsk tsk Tim,
...and you a journo as well.
I would have thought you would be the first to defend to the hilt the right of anonymity of writers.

It all helps, in my opinion, our forum remain active and vibrant, as opposed to many other moribund football forums at our level.

I can see how the anonymity of forum posters can be very annoying though, so I will step out of my shadow and lurk no more.

My real name is Doug Robinson.
My Deadly alias was bestowed by my fellow Wealdstone fans after I had a near death experience...
but fortunately I arose to follow the Stones once more.
My avatar is from a picture of me taken several years ago by a certain 'Attic Man'.
It is a reasonable likeness of me even now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He has many more amusing shots of myself and other handsome fellows & ladies (including the legendary Olive & Olive's mum) which I understand will be published soon in a lavishly illustrated coffee table book entitled 'Football Stoats & Drunken Oafs : A Visual History Of Non-League Loony Lurkers' .
It will be published by the Wealdstone Megastore, priced £100 ..with all profits going to the 'player funding gap fund' set up by our directors.

I hope your pockets are all deep enough to buy one.

Up The Stones.

Anyone else?
Last edited by deadly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby HammeredWasp » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am

Saturdays home game, everybody who posts on the forum must wear a badge with their forum name on.

That would be fun 8-)
HammeredWasp

Postby charlie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:28 am

Toby "Lapels" will be very busy then !

He was doing a "smily face badge " re-instate Peter Marsden... The mock up looked excellent.
charlie

Postby BKK » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

:)
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum