Chelmsford away NLD

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Chelmsford away NLD

Postby Ronnie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:21 pm

BKK wrote:
attic wrote:
Noel-Williams almost seems to have been written off by some of our fans? He is a tall centre forward and deserves a chance to impress

Not sure where he is in the manager's plans, hasn't played for some weeks (injured?) and he has been allowed to be cup-tied at H & Y. Didn't catch my eye particularly in pre-season but wouldn't necessarily use that as a fair benchmark.
Ronnie

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Forget Chelmsford (as such), Maidenhead is everything. Mere practice. Only joking, sort of. Can we get 300-350 to Maidenhead? #cupfever
Royal Blue

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:17 am

Ronnie wrote:
BKK wrote:
attic wrote:
Noel-Williams almost seems to have been written off by some of our fans? He is a tall centre forward and deserves a chance to impress

Not sure where he is in the manager's plans, hasn't played for some weeks (injured?) and he has been allowed to be cup-tied at H & Y. Didn't catch my eye particularly in pre-season but wouldn't necessarily use that as a fair benchmark.

I think it was mentioned by DB in an interview, that Noel-Williams was injured and finished his loan at H&Y. Reece Beckles-Richards seems to be doing well at Oxford and appears to be keeping Stefan Brown out the team.

Worth holding on until players start getting released as clubs get knocked out of the FA Cup and Trophy, plus fallout from managerial changes. If we do require someone hopefully a decent loan will cover for a while.
Stoney Ground

Postby Ronnie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
Reece Beckles-Richards seems to be doing well at Oxford and appears to be keeping Stefan Brown out the team.

I'd be disapointed if he wasn't. Also cup-tied.
Ronnie

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:15 pm

deadly wrote:Chelmsford did not play last Saturday as they had been knocked out of the FA Cup in the previous round by Corinthian Casuals, a team made up of Amateur footballers.
Needless to say that result produced a predictable outpouring of anger and disbelief amongst the City fans.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chelmsf ... 0-s70.html

In their last league match their team did restore some pride by beating Eastbourne Borough away 0-4.
And they also won 4-1 against Stanway Rovers in the Essex Senior Cup.

On current form in the league Chelmsford have won three, lost three and drawn four matches against Wealdstone's current form record of Winning nine and losing one match.
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... -guide/ten

Overall I'd say it is a good time to play them and hopefully get a result.
As Adam has mentioned, there are a good number of decent pubs near the Railway station that the Wealdstone faithful can visit before getting busses or taxis to the ground.
At the ground itself their catering firm is one of the best in the league for food and they have a well-stocked clubhouse.
...and Wealdstone may have the best badge stall in non-league football but for those fans with a sweet tooth, Chelmsford's sweetie stall is truly superb. :P :P :P

No Met Line/Circle or Hammersmith & City Baker Street to Aldgate this weekend, so if meeting at Liverpool St will have to take bakerloo/Jubilee and change onto Central Line. Alternatively can stay on Jubilee or Central to Stratford and pick up the Chelmsford trains from there, slightly cheaper train fare. Liverpool St - Chelmsford 34 mins, about £15 return, Stratford - Chelmsford 27 mins, about £12 return. If you have a Premiership/Championship ST, bring it along, as free entry at Chelmsford as part of Non League Day.
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby russpa » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Whatever the result we will have been on top of the league for over 2 months by the time we play our next league game. If we can play the high press tempo we have been doing i am sure Chelmsford will be under the cosh and they have conceded a fair few goals this season. Should be a good game. With 2nd and 3rd playing each other a chance to extend that gap at the top to 7 points maybe. A lovely cushion to have.
russpa

Postby deadly » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm

FootballGroundsGuide to Chelmsford City:

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... adium.html

Ground facilities, how to get there via train and bus, pubs in town etc.

By car: postcode for satnav: CM1 2EH
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum