General Meeting 26 January 2020

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: General Meeting 26 January 2020

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:18 am

Ronnie wrote:My question will be whether any of these share allotments being ratified are free or at value, would appear to be an attempt to dilute the shareholding of current largest shareholder. If not at full value, should be fully transparent and up-front, we've been down the route of free shares before and taste is still bitter.....

Why would anyone receive shares for free or in lieu for services rendered? If they get free shares for services rendered, they should be paying tax thereon.
Elmslie Ender

Postby FGW » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:17 pm

61663 wrote:
BKK wrote:All good points but the central question is: why not be clear about the need for these rather legalistically worded proposals and state in some accompanying notes why they are being proposed. It may well be to enable increased outside investment - so why not say so? I don’t think this is unreasonable

The Club Secretary was the OP of this thread.

It’s reasonable to assume he’s checked into here since yesterday
So I’m asking again ....can we have a straight forward response / clarification on here from the club to very reasonable questions about the need and justification of these apparently arcane - at least to the vast majority of fans - resolutions....?

I would be surprised if the club put anything more on here with the number stoats, weirdos, great unwashed, misfits, etc, etc, etc, who happen to have registered on this forum... :shock:
FGW

Postby deadly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:32 pm

[quote="attic"]Wonder if the majority shareholder will be in attendance?[/quote

I have absolutely no knowledge of finance and shares, but to my uneducated eyes, this looks like a deliberate short notice meeting designed to strip the majority shareholder of all financial worth and control of the football club (if any) of said shares.
Or have I totally mis-read that?

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Deadly Cynic.

( Edit: I will admit though that the club as a whole appears to be far better-run financially than before)
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Renard » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Before the conspiracy theories get too far out of hand, I drafted the resolutions at the request of the Board. There is nothing sinister about them.There is no intention to change the Club's constitution or to disadvantage any individual in any way. It's more in the nature of housekeeping. I will explain in more detail at the AGM - this forum is not the appropriate place. Q
Renard

Postby 61663 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:23 am

Renard wrote:Before the conspiracy theories get too far out of hand, I drafted the resolutions at the request of the Board. There is nothing sinister about them.There is no intention to change the Club's constitution or to disadvantage any individual in any way. It's more in the nature of housekeeping. I will explain in more detail at the AGM - this forum is not the appropriate place. Q

A most opaque and tantalising paradox .... a club official (rightly) publicises the AGM using accessible social media for fans but an explanation of the none ‘sinister’ nature of the two resolutions is declined on the specious
grounds of ‘not in front of the children’....

Postby deadly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Renard wrote:Before the conspiracy theories get too far out of hand, I drafted the resolutions at the request of the Board. There is nothing sinister about them.There is no intention to change the Club's constitution or to disadvantage any individual in any way. It's more in the nature of housekeeping. I will explain in more detail at the AGM - this forum is not the appropriate place. Q

Thank you Q, that is very reassuring.
And sensible.

Deadly Chinese Whisper.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum