The Virus

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: The Virus

Postby attic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

Is the photograph credited to the original photographer I wonder??? Montimage Media or the Bath fella????

That's my stoaty, pedantic posting of the day...
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

attic wrote:Is the photograph credited to the original photographer I wonder??? Montimage Media or the Bath fella????

That's my stoaty, pedantic posting of the day...

It has. It is a Montimage pic.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 am

Day 11 I think.

It would seem half the population of this country think the other half have the IQ of a cabbage as they feel the need to keep reminding them that there are more important things than anything else happening right now.

No shit Sherlock.

Meanwhile in the world of football the National League are up and down more than a whores drawers at the moment which doesn't inspire confidence that we will get the resolution we want.

Thought for the day - There are more important things than football. You heard it here last.
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 am

More important things than football ?

remember... "Life s a game but football is serious "

So many mixed messages. TV last night had people coming out the house for the 8pm clap, then a PC telling a woman off for sitting in the park.
charlie

Postby attic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:19 am

Have to say these daily Guvnor ditties remind me of the start of 'Apocalypse Now'.

"Saigon...shit....I'm still only in Saigon"

There's even 'Charlie' mentioned too.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby abuzza » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 am

It occurred to me last night while listening to people applauding the health workers (there was actually fireworks going off round our way like it was a big party), everyone loves the NHS, but nobody's willing to vote in a government that's honest enough to say that if we want properly paid nurses and an NHS that isn't in semi-permanent crisis we'll all have to pay more tax.

I'm sure health workers appreciate our ostentatious displays of support. I'm sure they'd appreciate more staff and a pay rise a lot more.
abuzza

Postby attic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Because people see the bigger picture. However,
abuzza wrote:It occurred to me last night while listening to people applauding the health workers (there was actually fireworks going off round our way like it was a big party), everyone loves the NHS, but nobody's willing to vote in a government that's honest enough to say that if we want properly paid nurses and an NHS that isn't in semi-permanent crisis we'll all have to pay more tax.

I'm sure health workers appreciate our ostentatious displays of support. I'm sure they'd appreciate more staff and a pay rise a lot more.

Possibly because people tend to see the bigger picture? However, if the present government don't make the NHS the centre of their next manifesto then they are in trouble. There has already been a seismic shift of who votes for who (mainly over one issue) so parties will have to adjust to reflect the mood. Remember, the majority are only interested in power than bettering peoples lives. Agreed front line public services staff should be paid better but there also needs to be more emphasis on vocational training in British Schools and further education. We know exactly where we lack in skills so lets get them instilled early so that the likes of the NHS can benefit. Apparently there are something like 100,000 staffing vacancies in the NHS!! Surely they don't all require a degree plus 10 years of medical school.

Either way this bloody virus WILL change the way we live and peoples views on life. Its very much a global issue though and some big decisions will have to be made after the dust finally settles.
attic

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:31 pm

abuzza wrote:It occurred to me last night while listening to people applauding the health workers (there was actually fireworks going off round our way like it was a big party), everyone loves the NHS, but nobody's willing to vote in a government that's honest enough to say that if we want properly paid nurses and an NHS that isn't in semi-permanent crisis we'll all have to pay more tax.

Yeh,if only there was an alternative worthy of the nation's votes... :D
Kettering punchbag.

Postby worruz » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:53 pm

attic wrote:Because people see the bigger picture. However,

Possibly because people tend to see the bigger picture? However, if the present government don't make the NHS the centre of their next manifesto then they are in trouble. There has already been a seismic shift of who votes for who (mainly over one issue) so parties will have to adjust to reflect the mood. Remember, the majority are only interested in power than bettering peoples lives. Agreed front line public services staff should be paid better but there also needs to be more emphasis on vocational training in British Schools and further education. We know exactly where we lack in skills so lets get them instilled early so that the likes of the NHS can benefit. Apparently there are something like 100,000 staffing vacancies in the NHS!! Surely they don't all require a degree plus 10 years of medical school.

Either way this bloody virus WILL change the way we live and peoples views on life. Its very much a global issue though and some big decisions will have to be made after the dust finally settles.

'Thank God for BUPA'

I seem to recall that was what you wrote on Facebook on the 70th anniversary of the NHS.

This clapping malarkey last night was the biggest load of nonsense dreamt up in this country for many a year.

Abuzza is exactly correct.
worruz

Postby attic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:19 pm

BUPA of which is currently weighing in for the cause too. It also provides an option for those better off meaning the NHS can concentrate on us plebs.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum