Non League Levels 7 and below results expunged.....

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Non League Levels 7 and below results expunged.....

Postby adamgloor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Not looking good for our chances.
If we cant finish season, looks like we would go same way.
A lot will come down to the players of ALL the clubs.
Will they accept staying with current club until 19/20 season completes?
If they really believe in finishing season and justice should they not wish to come back in, say July, to finish the season?
Is there a consensus on what the players think about the various options going forward?
There are more clubs in sniffing distance of play-offs than concerned with demotion in the three leagues, could that sway the vote for continuation??
adamgloor

Postby attic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm

adamgloor wrote:Not looking good for our chances.
If we cant finish season, looks like we would go same way.
A lot will come down to the players of ALL the clubs.
Will they accept staying with current club until 19/20 season completes?
If they really believe in finishing season and justice should they not wish to come back in, say July, to finish the season?
Is there a consensus on what the players think about the various options going forward?
There are more clubs in sniffing distance of play-offs than concerned with demotion in the three leagues, could that sway the vote for continuation??

You really think everything is going to be back to normal by July???? It will surely be behind closed doors even then??? Who knows.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:03 pm

attic wrote:l add people in Harrow might get to grips with what "2 metres" looks like but that's going too far.

Funnily enough I noticed Harrow was near the top of the league for corona virus infections in London Boroughs.

I share the view that people who are talking about resuming football in May/June seem to be at odds with what the medical experts are saying.

The virus will not have vanished in 3 months or indeed 6 months and with a vaccine some 12-18 months away the implications are fairly obvious.

I don't think it looks good for us, but the hardest thing to take is if results like our 7-0 against Bath are just scrubbed from the record books.

If it does go against us then you have to use that as motivation to go out and demolish the league next season. We might struggle to repeat our home form but we can certainly do a bit better on the road.
The Guvnor

Postby Dave Reader » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 pm

This matters to so many people you can see that by reading the forum. However , in the grand scheme of things football doesn't really matter at the moment. I think the FA have set a precedence here so I wouldn't be surprised if our season falls foul of the same legislation we have seen at a lower level today. Let's be realistic there is no chance of finishing this season not at our level or EFL. This Virus is here for a good few months yet. I'm gutted, the best chance for years and what could have been a fantastic finish to the season wiped out. Havant away and Bath at home seem light years away......UTS
Dave Reader

Postby Ronnie » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm

What I don't understand is why all results need to be expunged as if the matches never happened? Just leave the results and tables as they are whether promotions or no promotions, with the legend 'season suspended/unfinished' or whatever.
Ronnie

Postby timfparks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm

That’s a good point Ronnie. It’s not as if Adam Marriott at Kings Lynn, for example is not going to add his 27 or so league goals this season to his career total. Or Ross or Dennon at the Stones. Or Michee’s amazing haul for a right back. Those results are going to live forever.
And if that’s the case, what is the argument against PPG? A very few clubs have games in hand. A very few have an easier run in than their rivals - arguably. Rewarding the clubs who have the best records is the only sensible option.
timfparks

Postby attic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 pm

I'd like to know how the decision was made at the levels below us. Was there a vote at all??? Did club chairman have any input??? Or was it a case of a few self important old blazers who probably never even played the game just got together and decided for themselves what is best for everyone???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 am

attic wrote:I'd like to know how the decision was made at the levels below us. Was there a vote at all??? Did club chairman have any input??? Or was it a case of a few self important old blazers who probably never even played the game just got together and decided for themselves what is best for everyone???

Here may be your answer Adam.

From the BBC website:

'Wrong to award promotion'
Nick Robinson is chairman of the Isthmian League which covers steps three and four of non-league in London, the east and south east of England.
There were still a quarter of fixtures left to play in their four divisions when football was halted.
"We thought it would be very wrong to award promotion or punish with relegation when there were so many matches left," Robinson told BBC Radio Guernsey.
"We've said the competitions are now finished and we're going to look forward to next season.
"What we've tried to do is come up with a solution that will fit the vast majority of people."

The royal 'we' no doubt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

The spirit of Turvey lives on.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Renard » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 am

Turvey and Robinson were always thick as thieves. Two sides of the same coin.
Renard

Postby woodman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:51 am

Clubs did have a say/vote and agreed it as they didn’t want the problem with player contracts etc.
woodman

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum