Macclesfield wound up today.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Macclesfield wound up today.

Postby deadly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 am

No great surprise. However, it will be interesting to see what the National League decide to do. My guess is that the league will run with one club less this coming season, rather than promote from below, as there are no clubs allowed to be elevated from level 3 following the FA's intrangent edicts. Several other clubs may join Macclesfield, with Wigan and Southend in line, as the taxmen are now enforcing payments throughout football. It is looking bleak on all levels and survival rather than progress will be to the fore.

The prudent decisions taken by the current board regarding finances are looking better by the minute.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Re: Macclesfield wound up today.

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

We just need to get the home games on - Chesterfield and Stockport alone has to be worth £10-12k combined.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am

The vicious pattern of debts being called in at a time of immense uncertainty is upon us. What do they say in business? The time to be ruthless is when people are nervous or something like that.

As I said elsewhere, highly embarrassing for the national league who will presently be unable to fulfill their promise to the TV companies.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am

Royal Blue wrote:We just need to get the home games on - Chesterfield and Stockport alone has to be worth £10-12k combined.

They would be if we could get a proper crowd in and have use of the bars.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Lanarkian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:56 am

Sadly, I don't think that Macclesfield Town will be the last to go under in 2020.
Lanarkian

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm

deadly wrote:No great surprise. However, it will be interesting to see what the National League decide to do. My guess is that the league will run with one club less this coming season, rather than promote from below, as there are no clubs allowed to be elevated from level 3 following the FA's intrangent edicts. Several other clubs may join Macclesfield, with Wigan and Southend in line, as the taxmen are now enforcing payments throughout football. It is looking bleak on all levels and survival rather than progress will be to the fore.

The prudent decisions taken by the current board regarding finances are looking better by the minute.

I think Ebbsfleet will be reprieved.
Royal Blue

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
deadly wrote:No great surprise. However, it will be interesting to see what the National League decide to do. My guess is that the league will run with one club less this coming season, rather than promote from below, as there are no clubs allowed to be elevated from level 3 following the FA's intrangent edicts. Several other clubs may join Macclesfield, with Wigan and Southend in line, as the taxmen are now enforcing payments throughout football. It is looking bleak on all levels and survival rather than progress will be to the fore.

I think Ebbsfleet will be reprieved.

Reprieving Ebbsfleet would even up both both National and National South as they have an odd number at present
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Lanarkian wrote:Sadly, I don't think that Macclesfield Town will be the last to go under in 2020.

Well..... decisions = consequences.

If clubs want to collectively embrace ruthless capitalism then they shouldn't expect some Stalinist state type intervention when things go tits up. At any level.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Do try not to mention that leader of the free, uncle Joe,again.
It'll only bring them out of the woodwork !
Popcorn time.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Lanarkian wrote:Sadly, I don't think that Macclesfield Town will be the last to go under in 2020.

Indeed....having just had a look at the latest Companies Court Winding Up List (as you do on Wednesday evening) [ https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court ... winding-up ]
it appears that the next to go is not far away!
https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/187 ... -000-debt/
s.k.khanna

Return to stonesnet forum