Stones 3 Sutton 3

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 3 Sutton 3

Postby charlie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

Defensively the team is not going to change, apart from the evolving centre-half spot.
Big lose losing Connor Stevens who has not figured but DB has bought in a new young centre-back.
Cawleys position under threat but he will figure again.
Exciting times likes of Dyer/Parrett to come into midfield.
Mendy/Efette remain key to glory.... Well along with the whole squad
charlie

Postby realstones » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Does nayone know how you go about getting a photographers position at Wealdstone as I've got quite a good camera on my Samsung mobile?
realstones

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Isted didn't have his best game, but we definitely need to get the yellow card rescinded when the ball clearly caught him in the face not arm.

When I think about their goals, none were from great shows of attacking flair so if we can cut down on the mistakes then maybe we can stay top half.

I think Stevens was our best player last season, is he good enough for this level? I am desperate to see him given a chance, seems very unlucky with this injury. Any return date on the cards?

And finally a game with a big audience where we didn't let ourselves down, even got a text from a Notts C mate saying we were robbed.

UTS
Waltons Left Boot

Postby attic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 pm

realstones wrote:Does nayone know how you go about getting a photographers position at Wealdstone as I've got quite a good camera on my Samsung mobile?

I wish you'd said this before the Halifax game we needed someone to cover it!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby 61663 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 pm

attic wrote:
realstones wrote:Does nayone know how you go about getting a photographers position at Wealdstone as I've got quite a good camera on my Samsung mobile?

I wish you'd said this before the Halifax game we needed someone to cover it!

Well I’ve got an Apple 6 which I am quite happy to bring into service next year at Hartlepool if given the opportunity to get into the ground ... ;)
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Lanarkian » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 am

Being photographers might be a great way to watch our games. I suspect the FA might be a bit suspicious about 1,789 official photographers at Wealdstone versus Torquay.
Lanarkian

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Yeh, i've got an old Nokia 3310 with a 0.3mpl camera that used to take a pretty good snap so let me in as an official too!
I'm Spartacus! No.i'm Spartacus!
Kettering punchbag.

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Didnt see the game but watched the highlights on the Vanarama site.

My only observation is the same one i've had since our first game at this level, we are not good enough to fanny around on the ball at the back as much as we do.

We cant defend anyway and we're just creating even more pressure for ourselves.

Its a simple choice, get in better players or change the way we play. Probably the latter is more practical in the short term.
The Guvnor

Postby BillyByrneFan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Just seen the highlights and their keeper will be so unhappy with the Mendy Mendy goal, it bounced twice before it (eventually) got to him. The start of the build up to it, Harvey is outside the box when he releases the ball, more keepers do it nowadays and linos don't seem to pick up on it, they are on their way to the halfway line. Is it worth the risk for a few extra inches........matron?
BillyByrneFan

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 am

BillyByrneFan wrote:their keeper will be so unhappy with the Mendy Mendy goal, it b

I bet they wish they had a keeper like ours.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum