Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

Postby worruz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 am

Fair enough.

There are people getting in anyway.

You can believe they're all there in an official capacity.

I believe that I'm still in with a chance of playing for England in a World Cup. Just waiting for the call up one day.

It was a suggestion. It could work. I know it could work. I've been to games during the lockdown and seen what goes on.

That's all I'm saying on the subject for now.
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:36 am

worruz wrote:Fair enough.

I believe that I'm still in with a chance of playing for England in a World Cup. Just waiting for the call up one day.

It was a suggestion. It could work. I know it could work. I've been to games during the lockdown and seen what goes on.

As long as you still have your pace. KTF
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:58 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
worruz wrote:Fair enough.

As long as you still have your pace. KTF

Its the left knee.

If I can get that sorted....
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 am

I'm sure there must be limits on how many people are allowed in the ground and you would think this is being monitored by the league and the local authority. As much as I'm happy for fans to get in and watch games we've all seen these camera shots at The Vale down the side where there are a lot more people than you might expect and its been commented on by quite a few visiting clubs. So if as I suspect we are exceeding these limits can't we at least try and conceal the fact and try and be a bit more switched on about it as opposed to flaunting it to all and sundry.
The Guvnor

Postby MaryGoat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

It's the same old faces visible every week. Some of us have put in years of work and have not been invited in as a guest!! They are all decent guys I'm sure but I don't remember any of them volunteering for the club. Really angry at the way the club have handled this.
MaryGoat

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am

MaryGoat wrote:It's the same old faces visible every week. Some of us have put in years of work and have not been invited in as a guest!! They are all decent guys I'm sure but I don't remember any of them volunteering for the club. Really angry at the way the club have handled this.

Not everyone that does help the club blows their own trumpet. You would be surprised if they did.
But if you want to join that elite band of attendees, I think the trick is to offer your services to the club yourself either in person or via a phone call, rather than expecting a call-up.

...That is if you live locally.
When I attended a yoof away game that was played at Leverstock Green early on in the season (when attending such games in limited numbers was allowed), I was bemoaning not being allowed to attend Home first team games & it was suggested that I could perhaps put myself forward as a car park attendant at a future home game.

As I do not live anywhere near Ruislip and do not have a car, I did not take that suggestion up.
Things of course may be different now, but if I did live within walking distance of the club then no doubt I would have at least tried to offer my services as either a steward, a first-aider, or even as a bog cleaner cum litter picker-upper.
At worst they can only say sorry, but no.

Personally, as a season ticket holder but also someone who most defiantly is in the covid-vulnerable group health-wise, I am more than happy to watch the games via live stream only until that happy time when travel outside one's local area is allowed and season ticket holders are allowed entry again and I have received a second jab.

I do not begrudge anyone who manages to get to watch, either deserving or not so deserving.
These are hard times.

However, It is, to put things into perspective, not as bad say, as being trapped inside during the siege of Stalingrad.
That was one match you would not have wanted to attend, no matter how historic it was.
We only have the likes of Barnet & Boreham Wood to contend with as the Enemy At The Gates when watching (from afar) at The Vale Of The Tiers.

UTS!
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:22 am

So there you go life is unfair.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here, why on earth did the camera avoid the altercation that led to their player being sent off. I don't think a bit of handbags is cause for censored viewing even in this day and age when everyone is offended by anything and everything. The only thing I could come up with is maybe FC Video can't be arsed providing footage to any Thomas, Richard or Harold for some half baked appeal.

Thinking about it though the reason it probably hasn't been mentioned is that most people on this forum were actually in the ground watching it live !
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 am

The Guvnor wrote:So there you go life is unfair.

Of course it is, but that doesn't mean you can't try to address things.
worruz

Postby John Young » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 am

Guv Barnet player sent off because he put his head into Crawley. In the same scuffle their nos 40 who went off injured should have gone for grabbing 2 stones players around the neck and trying to force them down.
John Young

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am

John Young wrote:Guv Barnet player sent off because he put his head into Crawley. In the same scuffle their nos 40 who went off injured should have gone for grabbing 2 stones players around the neck and trying to force them down.

But my point is why on earth did the camera not follow the incident. Surely its of interest to everyone watching as its potentially a turning point of the game and at the very least a talking point. Its a scuffle which happens week in week out, not exactly one for Mary Whitehouse to get involved in. Even the holier than thou BBC would have shown it.

Maybe Tim Parks can answer that one because its beyond me.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum