Notts County 3-2 Stones

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Notts County 3-2 Stones

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:51 am

abuzza wrote:but, at the risk of sounding all 'Guvnor', fact is in the fifteen minutes they were on top they scored three goals, in the seventy-five minutes we were on top we

But thats exactly how we should be looking at it. Listening on the radio I lost count of how many times I heard how did Wealdstone not score there, so yes we scored two but probably that was below par based on clear cut chances created. And again, I keep hearing how did we not get anything from the game, well we conceded 3 times and if you do that its highly unlikely you will get anything so theres the answer. Its a tough league, and hard luck stories don't sell well so we need to be more clinical at both ends. All very well having the opposition saying nice things but I'd rather they were slagging us off having bullied them off the park and taking the 3 points back down the M1.Little doubt progress has been made and we are now a decent side at this level but the next step is the cutting edge at both ends and possibly mentally toughening up a little, turning a 1-0 lead 8 minutes before half time into a 2-1 deficit shows a lack of nous and gumption for me. We don't want to turn into the Norwich of the NL, lots of nice football, lots of plaudits but precious few points to show.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 am

I wouldn't say we created lots of 'clear-cut' chances as such.

Its hard to fashion clear-cut chances against a defence like that, but we definitely had them on the back foot and worried for most of the game.

I agree we need to be turning these decent performances into wins though. Aldershot got a win at Southend yesterday and its bunched up with quite a few clubs towards the bottom of the table. I know its early season to be reading loads into the league table but pulling away from the bottom three would be very nice indeed
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby deadly » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:53 am

Some selected comments from the Notts County fans forum:

"An entertaining game, but one we were a bit lucky to win. My main concerns about a dodgy defence and a midfield that gives it little protection were only reinforced. Delighted with a 3-2 win, but it could easily have been 5-5."

"A special mention for Wealdstone, I thought both their team and support were very good. They were comfortable on the ball, and most of their passes whether long or short found a team mate. Their fans were still making plenty of noise even when they were 3-1 down, and they must be gutted to be going home with nothing."

"Notts were very poor for the first 30 minutes. The concession was a massive kick up the backside for them and they ended on a high note.
Wealdstone looked a very decent team, very fast, good passing and their number 9 and 20 stood out for me. They deserved something from the game...
... Finally, lots of credit to Wealdstone, I enjoyed watching them play, they came to attack and their fans were excellent all night."

"Anyone who thought this was going to be an easy win needs to take a closer look at the teams in this league and some of the players they have at their disposal. As most have said on this thread Wealdstone made a very good account of themselves. I managed to get a truncated preview out earlier yesterday and I mentioned two of their players, the 19 year old keeper Wicken who is on loan from Fulham and looked a very good prospect, and their No.9 Umerah who they signed from Torquay in the summer and scored both of their goals and made a real nuisance of himself. I was pleased to see him subbed but it didn't last for long because the lad they brought on in his place was like lightening!"

"Watching last night, you might be surprised to see Wealdstone only have 5 points so far, but their set up is ideal against teams like Notts that take risks; they will struggle against more rigid teams. That's the difference between Ardley and Burchnall's styles of play, we'll have to wait and see whether the risks are worth it."

And a tweet:
https://twitter.com/WfcMegastore/status ... 43427?s=20
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby timfparks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:41 am

This. Have a look at the fans’ video after the Burchnall interview. “Wealdstone are my second team now! Their fans made more noise than any of the EFL league two clubs, it sounded more like 1,000 tonight. Just amazing support”
https://boards.footymad.net/showthread. ... 20&page=14
timfparks

Postby worruz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:28 am

timfparks wrote:This. Have a look at the fans’ video after the Burchnall interview. “Wealdstone are my second team now! Their fans made more noise than any of the EFL league two clubs, it sounded more like 1,000 tonight. Just amazing support”

This doesn't load on my laptop or phone? :cry:
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Ronnie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

worruz wrote:Great support from the Stones faithful.

Let's replicate it on Saturday.

Absolutely outstanding from our fans.

That's unlikely to happen at home without behavioural change as to where people stand, would love to be proven wrong. But it is possible, just need plenty of leaders to keep things going, plenty there last night so don't shy away Saturday.
Ronnie

Postby attic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Without doubt the next step forward needs to be the transition from happy, grateful losers in plush new surroundings..... to the robbing Mickey Mouse bastards who took the points home.

Can we become that team?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm

attic wrote:Without doubt the next step forward needs to be the transition from happy, grateful losers in plush new surroundings..... to the robbing Mickey Mouse bastards who took the points home.

Can we become that team?

You don’t half spout some crap, not sure anyone is happy we lost last night.

We’ve played top 2 and Notts all away and been in every game, with a chance of a draw or winning bar last 10 at Chesterfield. We are the only team to take a point off Dagenham and that was at their place.

We have had at least 6 new signings starting every game and that is spread throughout the team, a forward that has scored 4 in 6 but people expect us to go to places were the opposition are favourites for play offs and win every week.

We are as competitive as we can be at this current point, we have lost out on targets because we wont pay four figure wages for players that were bench warmers in this league last season. A couple of loan deals haven’t happened for differing reasons.
Stoney Ground

Postby deadly » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:35 pm

worruz wrote:
timfparks wrote:This. Have a look at the fans’ video after the Burchnall interview. “Wealdstone are my second team now! Their fans made more noise than any of the EFL league two clubs, it sounded more like 1,000 tonight. Just amazing support”

This doesn't load on my laptop or phone? :cry:

The link loaded and played OK on my PC running on Windows10 .
On my Samsung phone it loaded, but I had to scroll down past several screens trying to get me to register on footymad first before I got to the correct Youtube Video which then played ok.
I suspect it is your security settings may prevent you watching videos that are embedded in another website Pete.
Have a chat with one of our resident techno nerds like Adam who have better understandings of such things.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby timfparks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:59 pm

If you just visit the Notts County fans forum it is in their thread on the Stones game. Page 14 of that thread I think. Well worth a look, as is the interviews with their manager and keeper. I don't think enough has been made about the extraordinary save he made from Ira Jackson's pinging left footer in the dying moments. Denied us a point for sure.
timfparks

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum