Dover 2-3 Stones

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Dover 2-3 Stones

Postby Wobs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:46 pm

adamgloor wrote:Football web pages saying crowd was 399.
Stones had at least 150 of that.
Difficult getting people in if you’re on -12 points and not winning any games.
Presume the owner cutting costs this season (poorly maintained pitch etc) and going for promotion next season?

I was told official crowd was 510. Think Football Web Pages have got it wrong.
Wobs

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 am

Wobs wrote:
adamgloor wrote:Football web pages saying crowd was 399.
Stones had at least 150 of that.
Difficult getting people in if you’re on -12 points and not winning any games.
Presume the owner cutting costs this season (poorly maintained pitch etc) and going for promotion next season?

I was told official crowd was 510. Think Football Web Pages have got it wrong.

Not normally a phrase you hear from Wobs :o
Stoney Ground

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:43 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
John Young wrote: I’m sure Stockport will bring 600-800 with them.

I'm not so sure.. they've only sold 96 tickets so far. They took less than 300 to Woking on Saturday too.

So I take they will not get the top end and be put down the side as per Woking.
Stoney Ground

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 am

Stoney Ground wrote:So I take they will not get the top end and be put down the side as per Woking.

They won't be and I'm sure you already know that.

It just brings that debate about the top end to the fore again. If we used it to good effect when we attacked that end then I'd be more inclined to make more of a fuss about it. However quite a few fans don't even bother going up there and those that do hardly create a seething atmosphere so I'd be more than happy just to give it up. One thing that I don't think was mentioned in the previous debate on this subject is that by giving up the side we are also depriving quite a large chunk of fans their favourite spot in the ground. And arguably it is the best view in the house too.
The Guvnor

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
BornundertheElmslie wrote:
John Young wrote: I’m sure Stockport will bring 600-800 with them.

I'm not so sure.. they've only sold 96 tickets so far. They took less than 300 to Woking on Saturday too.

So I take they will not get the top end and be put down the side as per Woking.

I've checked and they'll still get the top end of the ground, not the side. There are a few reasons why the club wants to do it for this game, particularly around safety, but that doesn't mean the top end now becomes the de facto away end irrespective of the number of away fans. I'd be surprised if Maidenhead and Halifax are given the top end for example.

Around 140 away tickets now sold, we expect that to increase to around 250-300.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby 61663 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:47 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:I'd be surprised if Maidenhead and Halifax are given the top end for example.

Considering the game v The Maidens is on Boxing Day and there is no overground / TfL trains, I see no reason why there is any justification to segregate this game at all. Surely it is best to bolster the home support at our only home holiday game this year.

For the record, Maidenhead took a paltry 54 fans to Boreham Wood last Saturday - a ground easily accessible via M25 / rail from leafy Berks. I saw them lose @ Gateshead 1-7 a few years back in front of more away fans (about 70)

On the other hand I expect the opposite arrangements to be in force for the return fixture on 2 January, as I anticipate a bumper away following to witness (hopefully) our first NL ‘double’ of the season

Postby worruz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:23 pm

61663 wrote:I see no reason why there is any justification to segregate this game at all. Surely it is best to bolster the home support at our only home holiday game this year.

I agree, I see no reason to segregate either, but how does not segregating bolster the home support?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum