Dulwich Hamlet going under?

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Dulwich Hamlet going under?

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 am

charlie wrote:Gates on a par with some football league clubs at the Hamlet have to be admired.

How have they have done it ,....is it something that Bobby Wilkinson has spoken about,.. a family club, winning at home .

What is there secret.. Is it a generation thing? A little club of like minded fans. There success on the pitch has not been brilliant compared to Wealdstone but the fans are there in numbers.

Dulwich used to be the whipping boys for the stones in the old Isthmian league of the 60s ,when along with Maidstone and Hitchin Town/ also Clapton....no ultras then!!..Stones would regularly score 6 or 7 goals against these teams.

Whatever there secret of fan power we need to be following the Dulwich/ Maidstones/Suttons of this world ... Maybe WE have started .

Dulwich gates are impressive but it's fashionable, more of a social occasion than anything. If they were to progress into the National League they wouldn't be able to drink on the terraces and I suspect you'd see a number of of people stop attending. You only have to look at photos from their games to see how many fans see it as an extension of the pub. Take that away, it will have an impact on appetite to attend.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby deadly » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am

And for old times sake, good luck tonight Dulwich, at home to the Scummers in the league.
Give them hell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:08 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:[

Dulwich gates are impressive but it's fashionable, more of a social occasion than anything. If they were to progress into the National League they wouldn't be able to drink on the terraces and I suspect you'd see a number of of people stop attending. You only have to look at photos from their games to see how many fans see it as an extension of the pub. Take that away, it will have an impact on appetite to attend.

I'd say the above applies to us in some respect. If the clubhouse stopped serving beer, would it impact attendances at all?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:[If they were to progress into the National League they wouldn't be able to drink on the terraces .

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Other clubs allow it in some parts of their ground e.g. Truro, Hemel???
worruz

Postby middxbrains » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

worruz wrote:
BornundertheElmslie wrote:[If they were to progress into the National League they wouldn't be able to drink on the terraces .

St Albans too. I believe theres been talk of it happening at The Vale on trial...

I don't think attendances would drop too much, the bars in the local area would be a lot busier until 2.45 though
#Binwatch
middxbrains

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

middxbrains wrote:
worruz wrote:

St Albans too. I believe theres been talk of it happening at The Vale on trial...

I don't think attendances would drop too much, the bars in the local area would be a lot busier until 2.45 though

Looks like it's National League level (no alcohol within sight of the pitch) and doesn't impact North and South.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Once you hit National League level our matches become designated sporting events and all the legislation that comes with it.

Banning orders come into play as well so its likely people will become nostalgic for the good old days when misbehaving meant a letter from Fingers.

A lot of the cosyness will disappear for sure but I'm afraid it goes hand in hand with progression.
The Guvnor

Postby Enfield Stones » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Once you hit National League level our matches become designated sporting events and all the legislation that comes with it.

Banning orders come into play as well so its likely people will become nostalgic for the good old days when misbehaving meant a letter from Fingers.

A lot of the cosyness will disappear for sure but I'm afraid it goes hand in hand with progression.

Would we require a football police liaison officer?? Is it compulsory??
Enfield Stones

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 am

I believe it is.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:01 am

The Guvnor wrote:I believe it is.

Drillbits
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum