Stones 1-0 Hereford

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1-0 Hereford

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 pm

The balance of the side was right today, which made a big difference.

Cox had one of his best games this season, because he was in the holding role on his own and do what he does best.

Okimo proved why he should be playing at the back immense in defence and got forward well, also though Mr T timed his runs forward well from right back.

Thought Wellard was superb controlled the pace of the game and passing was sublime at times.

Definitely a red, tugged Whichelow back and got what he deserved. We were getting exposed a bit down our right until they went down to ten, I thought they wer3 a good side and will be league opposition next season (unless we go up)
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

worruz wrote:
Justifies the decision to segregate. Imagine if there was none and some trouble makers decided to come round our end and racially abuse our players.

You know what would have happened then

Yes it would have been blamed on Wealdstone fans.

As Royal Blue said they had a few hanging about outside the ground. Didn't realise they tried to kick it off though.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby approvemeplease » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:27 am

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqzJdg ... e=youtu.be

2 mins 45 seconds for sending off incident including some zoomed in slow-mos and the expert opinion of Graham Poll. Sure to irk some Hereford fans further. Oh well.
approvemeplease

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

/quote]

Especially the stewards having to deal with racism as well.[/quote]

Yes very unfortunate.

Justifies the decision to segregate. Imagine if there was none and some trouble makers decided to come round our end and racially abuse our players.

You know what would have happened then[/quote]

Tbf Peter, there were no dissenters on segregation, just where the away fans should be put. I still say they should get the Turret End. If it is a case of of getting the away fans out of the ground and proximity asap, then just keep the home fans in longer. It would only take an additional five minutes between how it was done yesterday and if it was the other way around.

People should speak to Hughie on how tough a day it was for the security team. A lot of challenges faced dealing with them.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:50 am

Our names on the cup !
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:

People should speak to Hughie on how tough a day it was for the security team. A lot of challenges faced dealing with them.

Minus the alleged racist abuse, were they really that bad? We're they not just similar to a large Stones away following?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:10 am

To clear up any query about the decision for the red card: the match officials were wired up, and it was the linesperson who saw the pull back and advised the ref accordingly. A shame that match officials at our league level are not similarly equipped.

A great game to watch after a miserable month, hopefully it is onwards and upwards in all competitions from here on in. Well done to Bobby and co for getting the team selection spot on and the team for the effort and commitment.

As to future possible segregation, one suggestion made to me after the match was that the main bar area be given over to away fans, and the hall to the home fans.....with perhaps an odd steward or two in the loos to make sure things don't get out of hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 am

Obviously a lot of emotional blubbering from Hereford regarding the sending off and of course its a pretty soft one but I thought it was the right decision.

They have appealed it so lets see but I suspect they will be disappointed.

If nothing else it will be good preparation for coming up where as we know these kind of incidents are commonplace.
The Guvnor

Postby ALAN COUCH » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Taofiq Olomowewe was abused right in front of where I was standing (in front of the Club office by the Tunnel).
He just stood his ground and smiled back at the abusers. That soon shut them up. Well done, Taofiq.
ALAN COUCH

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 pm

ALAN COUCH wrote:Taofiq Olomowewe was abused right in front of where I was standing (in front of the Club office by the Tunnel).
He just stood his ground and smiled back at the abusers. That soon shut them up. Well done, Taofiq.

I assume that’s a mandatory referral to the FA?
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum