Chelmsford 3 Stones 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Chelmsford 3 Stones 0

Postby worruz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Yep
worruz

Chelmsford 3-0 Stones

Postby attic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Thankfully I wasn't there so won't pontificate about the game.

However.

The next three months are massive. We need to get it right. Board and manager. Let's be honest we've made too many awful decisions regarding the playing side since we won promotion to the conference south. These from the 'old' and the 'new' board.

Get it wrong again and the fans may finally bite back. Hard .
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Chelmsford 3 Stones 0

Postby charlie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Team have run out of ideas.

This is poor our Bobby. Its so predictable that its easy to see another defeat Thursday night.

Chairman has some thinking to do.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 pm

charlie wrote:Team have run out of ideas.

This is poor our Bobby. Its so predictable that its easy to see another defeat Thursday night.

Chairman has some thinking to do.

10 points from the last 10 league games on our budget. There’s the thinking. Then juxtapose that performance/form against the new entry charge for walk-ups/cup games. We’re in a spot of bother here. Lose at Hemel and that’s bottom 3 form. We’ve got to get it right on the pitch to keep the club where it’s currently at, let alone grow it. Board and management team really need to pull together from tomorrow 9am 17th April regarding next season. It’s all about next season now and it’s a big job to sort this mess out.
Royal Blue

Postby Dave Reader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 pm

We huffed and puffed but did little else. Wilson had a diving header well saved which would have made it 2 1 and Ricky had one cleared off the line other than that not a lot to enthuse about. We just look a bang average team playing bang average football. We aspire to be where Chelmsford are yet looked a million miles away tonight. Biggest cheer fron the 70 or so away support was when the ref sent the ballboy away to the stand for making an obscene gesture towards us good folk ...UTS
Last edited by Dave Reader on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Reader

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 pm

That performance makes it hard to say get behind the manager and players. Dreadful performance. Out of our depth.
Ally

Postby russpa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 pm

If Bubb has any sense at 30 is to move on rather than face a season of being played out wide and long balls sent high above his head at him. As for the 16 coming on he has signed for next season on contract , wow i mean he is one of the worst players i have seen in quite a time. They have all got to be released except for Wilson North Oshodi Okimo next season. Awful , we are worse off by far than when GB kept us steady in the league. Not entertaining not anything, why would half of the people who bought season tickets this term even consider it next. Crowds of 500 will be the norm and falling if this garbage continues in to next season. It is not working MR CHAIRMAN. It is light years away from being anywhere near working. If Eisa had not had 5 months with us and North not have been our keeper we would be below Bognor now.
russpa

Postby timfparks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 pm

I actually thought we were hard done by tonight - Chelmsford edged it in all areas; sharp and clinical up front; savvy and tight in midfield and totally unyielding at the back- but we played some decent stuff across the pitch without ever really hurting them. Yes, we had three headers that might have gone in on another day (Wilson’s brought an astonishing tip onto the bar from sam beasant; eddie’s was stopped on the line and another Eddie nut job bounced down and over the bar when I was certain he would score) but City’s movement was just so much better and integrated, and they had pace, power and quicker reactions where it mattered.
Only 15 points up for grabs now. We might be leaving it a tad too late.
PS Felt a bit sorry for our players tonight. A few need to look at themselves, but most just need encouragement and direction.
PPs just read Russpa’s comments. I think the truth lies somewhere between us but the reality is that the manager has a half decent squad; it’s up to him to complete the equation
timfparks

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Completely outplayed by a Chelmsford side tonight who are hitting form at the right time. We simply couldn’t cope with their pressing game and intensity. They shut us down all over the pitch, doubling up at times and snuffed out any threat from open play. We did have 3 good chances from set pieces however, but a brilliant save from their keeper denied Wilson, a header from Eddie hit a defender and went wide and another Eddie chance was headed into the ground but with too much power and bounced over the bar.

It’s worrying just how far away we were from Chelmsford tonight, we struggled to retain the ball at times, couldn’t cope under pressure and didn’t carve out a dangerous chance from open play in 90 minutes. We look devoid of confidence and ideas. Looking ahead to next season, I can’t see any foundation we can build upon. You try to be positive and look for glimmers of hope but I’m struggling right now, I just cannot see how we can do anything other than completely rebuild with wholesale changes if we want any chance of success because we are just not getting the best from this group.

I want this management team to succeed because I want Wealdstone to be successful but they have to be showing much much more than we are seeing right now. There just seems to be a communication void at the moment; we get BW’s post match interviews which are brief and sometimes difficult to watch, but nothing else on strategy or plans for next year.

As a paying supporter my club are telling me that what I’m seeing is worth paying the most expensive walk up admisssion prices in the division next season. Complete bollocks. A huge amount of money has been invested in this management team and this squad and someone needs to be held accountable for the failure. And if we are going with the status quo for next season then bloody well demonstrate how things are going to improve on the pitch if you are going to take such a huge risk with our attendances.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 am

Well summed up BUTE. And views shared by most fans I'd suggest. The interview afterwards, all BW does is talk about fight of the players, nothing about his own role.
Ronnie

Next

Return to stonesnet forum