Supporter Fundraising

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Supporter Fundraising

Postby breakspear stones » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Ronnie wrote:I've got a lot to say about all this but haven't got the time right now. No surprises either, what a mess we get ourselves into. The Cox situation a complete shambles for which both BW and the Board have to share responsibility. When you throw money away just like that, then to ask supporters to chip in, well it's hard to take, we haven't all got money to burn.

Given his words today I'd say BW's position looking untenable.

How is his position untenable then , isn’t he allowed to have an opinion or has he got to just let things happen, BW has said off pitch problems are for the board to deal with , BW is the manager of the football side & is managing the football side
breakspear stones

Postby Ronnie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 pm

He's been told to include a player he doesn't want to include and made clear he doesn't want to include. Thin end of the wedge, undermines his position. What I don't know is what was agreed between the BW and the Board if the player didn't move to a new club.

Don't get me wrong, Poku is doing a better job this season than Cox last season in that position. That isn't the issue. Throwing away money is.
Ronnie

Postby Yellowcoat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm

There are really some rubbish posts on here. Too many fans are far too negative & wanting to look backwards all the time. Try supporting the club. managers, players etc instead.
Yellowcoat

Postby breakspear stones » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 pm

As BW has said it’s the board that authorises any signings so they (the board) could block any signings that were put in front of them & who authorised the contract that Sam is on ? I believe Sam was already on the contract he is on now when BW arrived
breakspear stones

Postby breakspear stones » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Yellowcoat wrote:There are really some rubbish posts on here. Too many fans are far too negative & wanting to look backwards all the time. Try supporting the club. managers, players etc instead.

I’ll support any players who are lucky enough to pull on the colours of Wealdstone & i’ll Support any manager too as I believe the manager & his backroom team are just as important as the players who take to the pitch every week when selected

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby Ronnie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Not disputed that Cox contract pre dated BW's arrival. But that commitment would have had to be part of budget discussions between BW and the Board for this season. I'm not party to what was said, but statements from both today and posted through official channels unhealthy.
Ronnie

Postby worruz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 am

Yellowcoat wrote:There are really some rubbish posts on here. Too many fans are far too negative & wanting to look backwards all the time. Try supporting the club. managers, players etc instead.

With all due respect this is a rubbish post.

Who and what are you referring to as rubbish? Be more specific. That would help us know what you’re on about.
worruz

Postby worruz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:11 am

Enfield Stones wrote:
russpa wrote:stewarding at a cost of was it up to1000 pounds a game
There is 30k plus a year for start off.

£1000 a game looking in from the outside seems expensive, understand all the current security issues but surely this seems steep and could be done cheaper, wonder how that money is broken down, I suppose having professional stewarding is possibly costly but that has surprised and alarmed me. Question for the meeting me thinks!

Lets be honest the ‘current security issues’ as you call them are hardly anything that terrible.

It’s all totally overblown.
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 am

You can count me out of this one.

The club has gotten itself into this mess they can bloody well get themselves out of it.

Clowns.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:12 am

Decisions = consequences.

Consequences provoke debate.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum