Southport

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Southport

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 am

I know we're not to trust the weather forecasts but according to long term forecasts we're in for a spell (as they used to say in the Victorian music halls), but thankfully temperatures in Southport should be above freezing at the weekend.

We're due to escape the weather that is battering much of Southern and Eastern Europe for a bit longer at least
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 am

PA peter j-b wrote:I know we're not to trust the weather forecasts but according to long term forecasts we're in for a spell (as they used to say in the Victorian music halls), but thankfully temperatures in Southport should be above freezing at the weekend.

We're due to escape the weather that is battering much of Europe for a bit longer at least

The forecast isn't great but just above freezing.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am

Looking like a bit of rain about too so that may well be the biggest factor in forcing the undecided into the main stand. The away end is definitely not equipped to deal with adverse weather.
The Guvnor

Postby edhall » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 am

For those travelling by train and short of drinking time on the way home, the two pubs nearest Lime Street are perfectly decent city centre boozers.
Ma Egerton's as you exit the "side door" ( turn right from the ticket gates.)
The Crown Hotel 100 yards from the main exit, left from the gates.

Have spent many a Grand National evening in both.
Sadly academic for me as will be going straight to Southport from new Yorkshire HQ.

Hoping for a Stones win and Guiseley away in the next round

UTS!
edhall

Postby timfparks » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:57 pm

edhall wrote:For those travelling by train and short of drinking time on the way home, the two pubs nearest Lime Street are perfectly decent city centre boozers.
Ma Egerton's as you exit the "side door" ( turn right from the ticket gates.)
The Crown Hotel 100 yards from the main exit, left from the gates.

Have spent many a Grand National evening in both.
Sadly academic for me as will be going straight to Southport from new Yorkshire HQ.

Hoping for a Stones win and Guiseley away in the next round

UTS!

Your sojourn in Woodhall Gate was rather curtailed then Ed. Was it the riff-raff element moving in nearby that forced you to move?
timfparks

Postby deadly » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
PA peter j-b wrote:I know we're not to trust the weather forecasts but according to long term forecasts we're in for a spell (as they used to say in the Victorian music halls), but thankfully temperatures in Southport should be above freezing at the weekend.

We're due to escape the weather that is battering much of Europe for a bit longer at least

Latest weather forecast from the met office on the BBC WEBSITE:
'The Met Office said: "Friday and Saturday will see sunshine and snow showers across Britain, the showers probably heaviest and most frequent in the north and north-west.
"It'll be cold and windy with coastal gales, and frost is likely overnight."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38555816

Merseyside forecast:
Yellow warning of snow
Updated 5 hours ago
Snow showers are expected to develop from Wednesday evening lasting into Thursday. These, combined with strong winds, could lead to locally very poor travel conditions.Be aware of the potential for disruption to transport due to lying and blowing snow.

Wrap up well.

Brrrr.

Edit: Player news:

Robbie Cundy could make his debut at Southport's Haig Avenue against Wealdstone on Saturday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38555622
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby russpa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 pm

They picked up 3 more injuries over the last 2 games to key players , every little helps!!!
russpa

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:26 pm

deadly wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:

Latest weather forecast from the met office on the BBC WEBSITE:
'The Met Office said: "Friday and Saturday will see sunshine and snow showers across Britain, the showers probably heaviest and most frequent in the north and north-west.
"It'll be cold and windy with coastal gales, and frost is likely overnight."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38555816

Merseyside forecast:
Yellow warning of snow
Updated 5 hours ago
Snow showers are expected to develop from Wednesday evening lasting into Thursday. These, combined with strong winds, could lead to locally very poor travel conditions.Be aware of the potential for disruption to transport due to lying and blowing snow.

Wrap up well.

Brrrr.

Edit: Player news:

Robbie Cundy could make his debut at Southport's Haig Avenue against Wealdstone on Saturday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38555622

Hope he has as good a game as he did against us earlier in the season, for Oxford City. He couldn't handle Benyon that night.
Stoney Ground

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 am

Became the first team this season to win at Barrow in the league so based on this and recent results we are far from fancied to win this one.

Factor in our defence which has more holes in it than a Tetley tea bag then the odds become even longer.

I suspect any chance we might have will depend on their attitude towards the competition and if they feel their priorities lie elsewhere then it might be game on.

If not then i'm sure it will be a good day out.
The Guvnor

Postby Lanarkian » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 am

At least the weather should be OK. Saturday is the only day in the near future that does not have a weather alert.
Lanarkian

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum