Benyon

For all things Wealdstone FC

Benyon

Postby West End Stone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:12 pm

If only his ability matched his gob. First out please. Green next. Three of four to follow.

Believe in Bobby.
West End Stone

Re: Benyon

Postby attic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:53 pm

I've no problem with the odd player taking exception to comments from the crowd. Where there's a bit of passion and angst there's hope.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby timfparks » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm

I hope he didn't have the temerity to respond to provocation WES? I thought Elliot showed huge effort and desire today, but chasing high balls isn't his game. That said, he's looking less likely to score with every passing week as his confidence dips.
Benyon needs support, not abuse.
timfparks

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:32 pm

attic wrote:I've no problem with the odd player taking exception to comments from the crowd. Where there's a bit of passion and angst there's hope.

Depends why they've taken exception. If it's just because they're a bit precious and can't take some home truths (see Rooney after England v Algeria in Cape Town for example) then they can do one.

Not saying that's the case here
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 pm

timfparks wrote:I hope he didn't have the temerity to respond to provocation WES? I thought Elliot showed huge effort and desire today, but chasing high balls isn't his game. That said, he's looking less likely to score with every passing week as his confidence dips.
Benyon needs support, not abuse.

Was he abused? Do you know what was said
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 pm

I was stood in the BC Stand as the players were coming off. I didn't hear any abuse at specific players, just comments about poor performances every week, it having to stop etc, etc. Eddie came over and said they knew etc. Not sure what happened re Benyon but he was there as well. Again, didn't hear any specific abuse of any individual player.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Not Happy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Storm in a tea cup and not even worthy of its own thread. The comments were from a frustrated fan who told the entire team that they aren't worthy of wearing the shirt. A bit harsh if you ask me but given the home form its understandable. Benyon reacted although I believe he shook hands with the fan afterwards.
Not Happy

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:01 pm

You can only blame the players if they are not trying and I've not seen any evidence of that.

Not good enough perhaps or definitely not good enough in some cases.

However if someone brings them to the club believing they are a good enough group to get promotion then its hardly the players fault if they fall short.

Surely the judgement of the person bringing them in has to be questioned.

I think its safe to say the squad we have right now will never achieve anything and the changes that have to be made need to be made as a matter of urgency.

I'm sure 1 or 2 will benefit from having the right type of player alongside them but I'd be getting some WD40 onto the exit door a bit sharpish because I think it will need it.
The Guvnor

Postby DeanSwift » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm

The Guvnor wrote:You can only blame the players if they are not trying and I've not seen any evidence of that.

However if someone brings them to the club believing they are a good enough group to get promotion then its hardly the players fault if they fall short.

I think its safe to say the squad we have right now will never achieve anything and the changes that have to be made need to be made as a matter of urgency.

I'm sure 1 or 2 will benefit from having the right type of player alongside them but I'd be getting some WD40 onto the exit door a bit sharpish because I think it will need it.

fair
DeanSwift

Postby West End Stone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 pm

DeanSwift wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:You can only blame the players if they are not trying and I've not seen any evidence of that.

fair

+1

Some of these players just aren't good enough for this level. Benyon maybe was but is probably on the way down to the Ryman League. The new Jolly? No chance. Has not looked like performing since the Hungerford game and his last little spat with the fans. We can't keep harping back to the Gord, but we're going to have to. He brought in players that have been targets of his for years. Even though there are far better options out there for what he decided to pay them.

Mr Chairman has been had a bit here. He will need to put his hand into his pocket to make amends.
West End Stone

Next

Return to stonesnet forum