Concord away 9th December....Get yourself there!!

For all things Wealdstone FC

Concord away 9th December....Get yourself there!!

Postby attic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

So its the game that everyone apparently dreads. The ground isn't the best and its on Canvey Island. However, time for some of you who are proudly stating your aren't going to this game to reconsider your approach to supporting Wealdstone. The team needs your support. That's the priority surely? Getting a result there is surely more important than ever now. We are in the mix and could quite easily be in top three by the new year. So suck it up and get your grimy backsides down to Concord! Rather than pontificate on about how bad the place is, there are other half decent venues within a few miles. Leigh on Sea (pictured below) is about 10-15 mins drive away. This is also served by National Rail, so get down to the Thames Estuary for a pint and then share a cab to the ground.

Fairly decent real ale pub that doubles up as a fish n chip shop there too: http://www.mayfloweroldleigh.co.uk/

I'm sure others can get some suggestions up too.

The players have no choice but to go there. So lets stand with them and get there in numbers too.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Concord away 9th December....Get yourself there!!

Postby worruz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:15 pm

More aliases than Klaus Barbie
The master butcher of Leigh-on-Sea
worruz

Postby Richard Parker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:17 am

Nothing wrong with a master butcher.

An easier drive for me than a home game see you there
Richard Parker

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:36 am

A stealth mission , get in watch the game and get out again hopefully with all four wheels still on the motor. A different away game, not bothered about having a drink but you are right we need to keep behind the lads....UTS
Dave Reader

Postby timfparks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 am

Spot on Atticus. Will you be bringing your lady friend too?
I have to admit I’ve always swerved Concord away but this time, more than any other time this time, I’m doing it right. I’ll be there.
This league is tighter than a gnat’s chuff and pretty soon it’s going to split open like an overripe tomato. We don’t want to be spat out with the pips.
But enough of the mixed metaphors already! Be there or miss out on another big step in the history of Planet Wealdstone.
timfparks

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:40 am

Some nice lyrics already here...good to see a CUSM reference. If you need any more convincing remember wilko and dr feelgood come from canvey, so if you don't go I'm gonna get some concrete mix and fill your back door up with bricks.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby attic » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 am

Didn't the club once put on a subsidised coach for this one?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am

timfparks wrote:Spot on Atticus. Will you be bringing your lady friend too?
I have to admit I’ve always swerved Concord away but this time, more than any other time this time, I’m doing it right. I’ll be there.
This league is tighter than a gnat’s chuff and pretty soon it’s going to split open like an overripe tomato. We don’t want to be spat out with the pips.
But enough of the mixed metaphors already! Be there or miss out on another big step in the history of Planet Wealdstone.

It’s a no from me, always look forward to missing this one. And have other plans with the good lady.
Stoney Ground

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 am

attic wrote:Didn't the club once put on a subsidised coach for this one?

If they did run a coach this Saturday I’m sure it would have plenty of takers, leave the vale at midday after having an hour spent in our clubhouse supping
breakspear stones

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 am

breakspear stones wrote:
attic wrote:Didn't the club once put on a subsidised coach for this one?

If they did run a coach this Saturday I’m sure it would have plenty of takers, leave the vale at midday after having an hour spent in our clubhouse supping

Good shout Ginge I reckon you would get 30 plus on a coach
Dave Reader

Next

Return to stonesnet forum