Best winning home league run since 2009/10

For all things Wealdstone FC

Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby russpa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

Just look at the crowds we got in those RPL days too and where we are at now

31 Aug
RPL
Sutton United
Home
W2 - 1
Att: 480
E'Beyer, Spendlove

19 Sep
RPL
Bognor Regis Town
Home
W4 - 0
Att: 396
Gray, Ngoyi 2, Ashe

3 Oct
RPL
Canvey Island
Home
W1 - 0
Att: 435
Chappell

17 Nov
RPL
Cray Wanderers
Home
W3 - 2
Att: 315
Spendlove, Ashe(P), OG

15 Dec
RPL
Horsham
Home
W2 - 1
Att: 281
Ashe 2

28 Dec
Ryman League Premier Division
Harrow Borough
Home
W2 - 1
Att: 666
Gibson 2

BEFORE WE LOST 6 Feb
Ryman League Premier Division
Waltham Abbey
Home
L2 - 4
Att: 410
E'Beyer, Gray
User avatar
russpa
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby worruz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:19 am

Only 7 home league games played in over 5 months
worruz
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby attic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

worruz wrote:Only 7 home league games played in over 5 months


I think the FA Cup run plus a few dubious postponements put paid to that. As it did our play off hopes that year. We had a decent team that season though. In fact I seem to recall Mr Phone doing a comparison between the team which we fielded v Rotherham and the one we fielded V Colchester. Surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly, the Ryman league team from 2009 looked considerably better than the Conference South team from 2015. And that wasn't down to one particular full back either.

However, well done to the players and management staff for the excellent run. Long may it continue.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby worruz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

attic wrote:I think the FA Cup run plus a few dubious postponements put paid to that.


I recall a particularly frustrating postponement on Jan 2nd against Ashford Town I think.

Really annoying. Probably would have had a good crowd in as the New Year games actually fell on a Saturday that year. Beckford scored for Leeds v Man Utd in the FA Cup the following day if I'm not mistaken
worruz
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby middxbrains » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm

russpa wrote:3 Oct
RPL
Canvey Island
Home
W1 - 0
Att: 435
Chappell


My 1st Stones game - I can remember being impressed by the vociferous support and wanting to come back for more of it
#Binwatch
User avatar
middxbrains
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Uxbridge, Middx

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby WhizzyBloke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:12 pm

With that winning run, we've now matched last season's home win tally after just ten games. Need to get the away form to match it now.
WhizzyBloke
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby worruz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 pm

middxbrains wrote:
russpa wrote:3 Oct
RPL
Canvey Island
Home
W1 - 0
Att: 435
Chappell


My 1st Stones game - I can remember being impressed by the vociferous support and wanting to come back for more of it



I seem to recall it kicked off at the end between fans and players. A bottle squirted into the crowd by one of their players and spitting at our fans from a Canvey coach sparked it all off.
worruz
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby WhizzyBloke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:07 pm

worruz wrote:
middxbrains wrote:
russpa wrote:3 Oct
RPL
Canvey Island
Home
W1 - 0
Att: 435
Chappell


My 1st Stones game - I can remember being impressed by the vociferous support and wanting to come back for more of it



I seem to recall it kicked off at the end between fans and players. A bottle squirted into the crowd by one of their players and spitting at our fans from a Canvey coach sparked it all off.


Definitely was that game. We played most of it with 10 men and battled furiously for a very satisfying win. The Canvey players were just carrying on what they were doing during the game, lashing out at anything that moved.
WhizzyBloke
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Best winning home league run since 2009/10

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Sure beats the 25% home win rate we've had to endure these last 3 years.
The Guvnor
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm


Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests