Harry and the C-word

For all things Wealdstone FC

Harry and the C-word

Postby rayners lament » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm

When Harry Goodger's signing was announced, I confess to having had uncharitable thoughts, "old pal's act" and "pension pot" amongst them.
Should've trusted in BW ! His strategy of using Harry as a permanent sub,a no-pressure role he clearly delights in,allows Harry's Tigger-like character to energise tired legs and minds, not to mention the crowd with his celebrations.
Loved by the fans and players alike (he poses no threat to the first-choice strikers), he's an integral part of the team and fast approaching cult status. What an asset !
rayners lament
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Phew! I thought you were going to say contract, not cult.
BillyByrneFan
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby warren » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 am

he serves a purpose as a closer. thankfully we have had leads at home otherwise i doubt he would get much game time. effective in what he does but will he nick up a draw or winner im not so sure. he is executing his role very well and the fans love him long may we see him in the last 15 mins to close home wins out
warren
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby John Young » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 am

I can see Harry scoring a really important goal and confirming his status with the fans. He is everything I want to see from players , committed , hard working, right attitude, and puts it about a bit . I really enjoy watching that type of player he brings out the best in other players and has always given the team a lift when it has been required. Good on BW for getting him to the Stones and keep up the good work Harry.
John Young
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby attic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

I've seen the Harry type of player cause us so many problems in the past both at Ryman and Conference South level. Almost looked like a centre half taxiing onto the pitch but lo and behold the nature of the game changes and we suddenly looked vulnerable. The big lump may have not scored their winner or equaliser, but he certainly gave us something to think about. About the only time we ever tried this was when we used to push Cronin up front, usually when he was starting to tire a bit.

Looking forward to Harry getting his first goal. Dare I say it will be met with the kind of reaction that Peter Dean got when he scored against Canvey during title crowning day.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 7357
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby torben » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”
torben
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm

attic wrote:I've seen the Harry type of player cause us so many problems in the past both at Ryman and Conference South level. Almost looked like a centre half taxiing onto the pitch but lo and behold the nature of the game changes and we suddenly looked vulnerable. The big lump may have not scored their winner or equaliser, but he certainly gave us something to think about. About the only time we ever tried this was when we used to push Cronin up front, usually when he was starting to tire a bit.

Looking forward to Harry getting his first goal. Dare I say it will be met with the kind of reaction that Peter Dean got when he scored against Canvey during title crowning day.

The "big lump" scored the winner against us at Hungerford last season. ;)
BillyByrneFan
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am

torben wrote:Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”

You're welcome.
Can't believe with our fan base that someone hadn't thought of it already.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
User avatar
Bananas
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Wealdstone Rock City

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby worruz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Bananas wrote:
torben wrote:Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”

You're welcome.
Can't believe with our fan base that someone hadn't thought of it already.

We've been singing it for a few weeks?

It was definitely sung against Truro
worruz
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm

worruz wrote:
Bananas wrote:
torben wrote:Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”

You're welcome.
Can't believe with our fan base that someone hadn't thought of it already.

We've been singing it for a few weeks?

It was definitely sung against Truro

I haven't heard it sung at the last 4 games I've been to.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
User avatar
Bananas
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Wealdstone Rock City

Next

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests