Harry and the C-word

For all things Wealdstone FC

Harry and the C-word

Postby rayners lament » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm

When Harry Goodger's signing was announced, I confess to having had uncharitable thoughts, "old pal's act" and "pension pot" amongst them.
Should've trusted in BW ! His strategy of using Harry as a permanent sub,a no-pressure role he clearly delights in,allows Harry's Tigger-like character to energise tired legs and minds, not to mention the crowd with his celebrations.
Loved by the fans and players alike (he poses no threat to the first-choice strikers), he's an integral part of the team and fast approaching cult status. What an asset !
rayners lament

Re: Harry and the C-word

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Phew! I thought you were going to say contract, not cult.
BillyByrneFan

Postby warren » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 am

he serves a purpose as a closer. thankfully we have had leads at home otherwise i doubt he would get much game time. effective in what he does but will he nick up a draw or winner im not so sure. he is executing his role very well and the fans love him long may we see him in the last 15 mins to close home wins out
warren

Postby John Young » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 am

I can see Harry scoring a really important goal and confirming his status with the fans. He is everything I want to see from players , committed , hard working, right attitude, and puts it about a bit . I really enjoy watching that type of player he brings out the best in other players and has always given the team a lift when it has been required. Good on BW for getting him to the Stones and keep up the good work Harry.
John Young

Postby attic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

I've seen the Harry type of player cause us so many problems in the past both at Ryman and Conference South level. Almost looked like a centre half taxiing onto the pitch but lo and behold the nature of the game changes and we suddenly looked vulnerable. The big lump may have not scored their winner or equaliser, but he certainly gave us something to think about. About the only time we ever tried this was when we used to push Cronin up front, usually when he was starting to tire a bit.

Looking forward to Harry getting his first goal. Dare I say it will be met with the kind of reaction that Peter Dean got when he scored against Canvey during title crowning day.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby torben » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”
torben

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm

attic wrote:I've seen the Harry type of player cause us so many problems in the past both at Ryman and Conference South level. Almost looked like a centre half taxiing onto the pitch but lo and behold the nature of the game changes and we suddenly looked vulnerable. The big lump may have not scored their winner or equaliser, but he certainly gave us something to think about. About the only time we ever tried this was when we used to push Cronin up front, usually when he was starting to tire a bit.

Looking forward to Harry getting his first goal. Dare I say it will be met with the kind of reaction that Peter Dean got when he scored against Canvey during title crowning day.

The "big lump" scored the winner against us at Hungerford last season. ;)
BillyByrneFan

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am

torben wrote:Great chant Saturday “Hurry up Harry come on”

You're welcome.
Can't believe with our fan base that someone hadn't thought of it already.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby worruz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Bananas wrote:

You're welcome.

We've been singing it for a few weeks?

It was definitely sung against Truro
worruz

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm

worruz wrote:
Bananas wrote:

You're welcome.

We've been singing it for a few weeks?

It was definitely sung against Truro

I haven't heard it sung at the last 4 games I've been to.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Next

Return to stonesnet forum