Concord 3-1 Stones

For all things Wealdstone FC

Concord 3-1 Stones

Postby attic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:09 pm

A scoreline which probably flattered our hosts. However we just weren't good enough overall and of course doesn't help when you gift wrap pressies for the opposition in the form of defensive blunders and missed sitters. And by sitters I mean open goals. Seriously. So we were missing Tiriyaki and Sellers but those who came in need to be doing better. They know it, the manager knows it and the fans certainly know it.

Today we should have affirmed our position as play off candidates. Didn't happen though.

9 goals conceded in 3 league away games too. Massive improvement needed there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Concord 3-1 Stones

Postby charlie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:00 pm

I was told ( the season) "its a marathon not a sprint"...., some of the runners though have major blisters and need to be replaced.

Need a reaction in the important Trophy tie next Saturday.

Not good enough today... Defend and take chances . ??
charlie

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Wasteful in front goal to the extent that their keeper was barely troubled and basic errors at the back. Not the performance of a promotion chasing side.

Wonder if Fitchett was cupping his ear to the crowd after the miss of the decade. Game changer it was, as was his miss at Burgess Hill.

And it is no good having Fortress Vale if our away form goes the other way.
Elmslie Ender

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Our striking options may be about to improve if a post from a Chippenham fan on the Conf South Facebook group is true. He claims we are signing their striker David Pratt for £15,000 and a hefty wage packet. 10 league goals so far this season, 20 or so for Bath a year or two ago. 25 goals last season
BornundertheElmslie

Postby 08masonl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:Our striking options may be about to improve if a post from a Chippenham fan on the Conf South Facebook group is true. He claims we are signing their striker David Pratt for £15,000 and a hefty wage packet. 10 league goals so far this season, 20 or so for Bath a year or two ago. 25 goals last season

That's not the same David Pratt who got scott mcgleish sent off two seasons ago at home to bath?
08masonl

Postby attic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
And it is no good having Fortress Vale if our away form goes the other way.

Agreed. Its not time for knee jerk reactions. I actually think with a couple of positive additions and an overall improvement of around 10-20% from the team could see us at least challenging for the title at the sharp end of the season. However, that's extremely dependent on shipping 2-3 out and bringing in players of better quality. And not before time either. We've got a decent tight knit squad so we don't want to be changing things massively. However, I think a few players have had more than ample time to prove their worth but have simply not delivered. Its time to get ruthless with those players who aren't doing it. If we want to progress, we need to improve further. There can be no room for passengers from now on. I'd say a reliable striker and a wide midfielder are a must have. Also think we are a little exposed down the flanks too.

I like what BW has done to this side overall. The home record is impressive, we are fitter and more organised. The fans are back onside with the team. I'd say though, that we lack a bit of genuine quality in a few places. Need to make those improvements where required and go for it!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Proper Not Happy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Home after a difficult journey. So whats improved since GB left. 11th in the table which isn't great. Fans still slagging off players. One fan trying to kick it off with all of Concord today. Really a new era?
Proper Not Happy

Postby DeanSwift » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 pm

charlie wrote:I was told ( the season) "its a marathon not a sprint"...., some of the runners though have major blisters and need to be replaced.

Need a reaction in the important Trophy tie next Saturday.

Not good enough today... Defend and take chances . ??

??
DeanSwift

Postby DeanSwift » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Proper Not Happy wrote:Home after a difficult journey. So whats improved since GB left. 11th in the table which isn't great. Fans still slagging off players. One fan trying to kick it off with all of Concord today. Really a new era?

So what's improved since GB left?

1. Overall fitness
2. Positive connections between 99.9% of the crowd and players
3. A semblance of plan
4. Determination
5. Significantly improved home record

Apart from that, can't think of anything.
DeanSwift

Postby worruz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Proper Not Happy wrote:Home after a difficult journey. So whats improved since GB left. 11th in the table

4 points off play offs. 7 off top spot.
Only half way through roughly.

Only just lost our 3rd league game in over 3 months.

We'd already lost 3 before the end of August before Wilkinson joined.
worruz

Next

Return to stonesnet forum