Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby West End Stone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 pm

BKK old chap people aren't being negative are they? Just questioning questionable decisions. Why are we surrendering our own end which has always been the home end?? We're playing Hereford not Millwall.
West End Stone

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Intuitively, we should have had the Bulla. Perhaps that decision and it’s rationale could be aired and potentially reviewed? It’s not too late?
Royal Blue

Postby Bananas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 am

Royal Blue wrote:
West End Stone wrote:Got a horrible feeling about the game. It's similar to the Brackley Cup game last season. They will be confident and have a game plan. They will execute this game plan. We are gonna be like rabbits in the headlights once again. Come on WES be positive but I sadly can't see anything other than a heavy defeat. Patience with the current players may well finally run out. Is BW the real deal anyway?

Yes, surely shaping up to be a farcical event where we concede 3 goals down the left whilst standing under some scaffolding in the rain being out sung by 500 inebriated fans of some sort of f'ing super team from a lower division. At the end lynch.mob and proper not happy steam onto the pitch tearing up their season tickets in front of BW. Still no official photographer to record the debacle and the whole thing is Marsden’s fault. Finally, it all kicks off outside the ground. Can't wait for Saturday.

Only kidding. Come on Wealdstone, come on!

You need to stop stealing my draft posts matey!

Well played sir, well played.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby bringbackelmo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:30 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:
Dave Reader wrote:My biggest concern is that we are playing a side who have only lost two league games all season with a GD of plus 40.......UTS

...and the only higher ranked team they have lost to is Fleetwood, whilst beating two Conference National and two Conference regional sides, together with not having lost away from home for 51 games!

Just to clarify, that's 51 league games. In fact it's now 52 after another win last night. Since that record began we have lost on the road a couple of times, in the Vase final at Wembley and at Tonbridge in the FA Trophy last term, so there is some hope for you ;)
bringbackelmo

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am

bringbackelmo wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:
Dave Reader wrote:My biggest concern is that we are playing a side who have only lost two league games all season with a GD of plus 40.......UTS

...and the only higher ranked team they have lost to is Fleetwood, whilst beating two Conference National and two Conference regional sides, together with not having lost away from home for 51 games!

Just to clarify, that's 51 league games. In fact it's now 52 after another win last night. Since that record began we have lost on the road a couple of times, in the Vase final at Wembley and at Tonbridge in the FA Trophy last term, so there is some hope for you ;)

Extraordinary stats/performance in any league.
Royal Blue

Postby West End Stone » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Is the stand that lost its mojo alright to use?? Seems a bit of a ding dong on twitter as to whether its going to be open!!!!!
West End Stone

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:53 pm

West End Stone wrote:Is the stand that lost its mojo alright to use?? Seems a bit of a ding dong on twitter as to whether its going to be open!!!!!

It will be open to use but with no roof.
Ally

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Ally wrote:
West End Stone wrote:Is the stand that lost its mojo alright to use?? Seems a bit of a ding dong on twitter as to whether its going to be open!!!!!

Looking at the picture on Twitter at the current state of the El Pirata stand, it’s interesting that this stand did not survive the storm but the other, far older ones did. I guess that was because it wasn’t finished? Given we didn’t finish it, I don’t suppose we can claim?
Last edited by Royal Blue on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
Ally wrote:

Looking at the picture on Twitter of the current state of the El Pirata stand, it’s interesting that this stand did not survive the storm but the other, far older ones did. I guess that was because it wasn’t finished? Given we didn’t finish it, I don’t suppose we can claim?

It must have been due to the wind/gusts blowing up the slope, a la 4-4 draw vs Truro, catching it like a sail. If we had the same stand in that game we would probably have casualties to deal with.
BillyByrneFan

Postby Bananas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:45 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Looking at the picture on Twitter of the current state of the El Pirata stand, it’s interesting that this stand did not survive the storm but the other, far older ones did. I guess that was because it wasn’t finished? Given we didn’t finish it, I don’t suppose we can claim?

It must have been due to the wind/gusts blowing up the slope, a la 4-4 draw vs Truro, catching it like a sail. If we had the same stand in that game we would probably have casualties to deal with.

Funny you should mention that game in particular. Actually the 2-1 home victory against them on October 21st last year. Watch the video on youtube.

Actually, not funny in the slightest. Couldn't be any less funny in fact.

Sometimes it is best to live in blissful ignorance of the facts and be able to sleep soundly at night...
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum