Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby bringbackelmo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am

Hereford fan in peace - looking forward to the game on Saturday (living in London it was a great draw for me).

I wouldn't expect many more than 500 on Saturday, we do travel in good numbers but we are in the middle of a ridiculous run of eight away matches out of nine and, as with most clubs, interest in the FAT is relatively low. We had 700 at Slough on Saturday and could have sold more tickets if we'd had them, but that was a league game against one of our title rivals.

As you may be aware we've knocked two Conference sides and one each from Conference North and South in cup competitions this season, so it should be a good test for both teams on the day. That said we are struggling with injuries at the moment and were lucky to escape with a draw on Saturday at Slough.

Will there really be any need for either set of fans to be held back after the game?

We haven't had too many matches against 'proper' clubs in the past few years so it'll be great to see a decent home crowd.
bringbackelmo

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am

bringbackelmo wrote:Will there really be any need for either set of fans to be held back after the game?

It only takes one idiot from either side and then things can escalate.
worruz

Postby bringbackelmo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 am

worruz wrote:
bringbackelmo wrote:Will there really be any need for either set of fans to be held back after the game?

Oh I know, and we have our fair share of idiots - it's just not something we've had to deal with for the past few years. I don't have a huge problem with it.
bringbackelmo

Postby Curtis » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:37 am

Away fans will be able to leave the ground without any lock in as your end is just inside the main entrance to the ground,home supporters are going to kept inside for a couple of minutes to prevent any possibility of an incident.

Let’s hope we all enjoy the game and we look forward to welcoming all Hereford supporters.
Curtis

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm

bringbackelmo wrote:
worruz wrote:

Oh I know, and we have our fair share of idiots - it's just not something we've had to deal with for the past few years. I don't have a huge problem with it.

My issue nowadays is this....

Back in the day you may get the odd 'incident', maybe a couple of punches thrown everyone dusts themselves down, retreats to their respective pubs, exaggerates about how they got the better of their man :lol: and that's the end of it. I'm not condoning violence but it did happen and I'd rather we didn't have all this around football but that's the reality.

Nowadays, the world and his wife has a camera phone and within 10 minutes of any skirmish finishing its there in all its glory online for everyone to see.
You get people who weren't even there commenting and sharing and telling everyone what happened.....even though they were miles away at the time.

Any twat with an axe to grind against either club involved will be giving their two pennuth 'so and so attacked a group of kids' , 'there was racist abuse', 'some old bloke got a smack' etc etc

It does my head in.

Hoping for a good game, good crowd and Wealdstone win :D ;)

Or as my friend Harry puts it here at 48 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eweccg4y8I

Only joking!!!
worruz

Postby woodman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Interestingly (or not) police in the football league generally abandoned keeping fans behind years ago. Their basic principle was allowing one set out allowed them to group up and get ready to ambush the away supporters. Walking down the road together (particularly when families about) tends to dilute the trouble. Police walk with you so can stop the odd isolated incident (tends to be only handbags anyway). Of course there are exceptions - good docu on youtube shows Villa fans held in at Brum for 90 mins as home mob refused to move from surrounding streets. Last time I was held in was years ago at Millwall - quite handy given we scored a last minute winner!
Btw, not sharing this story in relation to arrangements this saturday, just anecdotal really given Hereford fan question.
woodman

Postby Ruislip33 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm

I'm guessing any coaches will be parked either in the car park or on the first section of Grovsner Vale that would mean if everyone is let out at once there will only be about 20-30 meters when all fans will be together before the majority of Hereford fans get on their coaches. Obviously such a huge area with both sets of fans mingling presents an unprecedented security issue, not.

Maybe the best option is to play the game behind closed doors at a neutral venue halfway between both clubs (e.g. the car park of the local B&Q or Homebase at Banbury) and relay coverage back to both grounds on big screens !!!!!!!!

What's all the fuss about, this is the FA Trophy in 2018 not Millwall coming to town in the 80s
Ruislip33

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Ruislip33 wrote:I'm guessing any coaches will be parked either in the car park or on the first section of Grovsner Vale that would mean if everyone is let out at once there will only be about 20-30 meters when all fans will be together before the majority of Hereford fans get on their coaches. Obviously such a huge area with both sets of fans mingling presents an unprecedented security issue, not.

Maybe the best option is to play the game behind closed doors at a neutral venue halfway between both clubs (e.g. the car park of the local B&Q or Homebase at Banbury) and relay coverage back to both grounds on big screens !!!!!!!!

What's all the fuss about, this is the FA Trophy in 2018 not Millwall coming to town in the 80s

There isn't any fuss until something happens and then there is a fuss.

Waiting for 10-15 minutes or so isn't such a major problem. The bar will be open. People can go in there, see the football scores then leave the area if they so wish.
worruz

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Ruislip33 wrote:What's all the fuss about, this is the FA Trophy in 2018 not Millwall coming to town in the 80s

Exactly, and only the 2nd round of the Trophy, not a semi final.
We go (IMHO) way over the top for this fixture, compared to totally inadequate for a televised game against Colchester in the FA Cup 1st round proper.

You'd have thought we'd have learnt how to do this sort of thing by now and (with all due respect to Hereford fans who obviously want to come to the game in numbers) as we are segregating (OTT again IMHO) then we should have made the game all ticket and allocated them exactly the minimum number of tickets we had to. That way we reduce the possibility of trouble, aren't forced to give up the "home end" to accommodate them, and hence pretty much give up any small home advantage we had.

One day we'll get it right, one day...
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Bananas wrote:
Ruislip33 wrote:What's all the fuss about, this is the FA Trophy in 2018 not Millwall coming to town in the 80s

Exactly, and only the 2nd round of the Trophy, not a semi final.
We go (IMHO) way over the top for this fixture, compared to totally inadequate for a televised game against Colchester in the FA Cup 1st round proper.

You'd have thought we'd have learnt how to do this sort of thing by now and (with all due respect to Hereford fans who obviously want to come to the game in numbers) as we are segregating (OTT again IMHO) then we should have made the game all ticket and allocated them exactly the minimum number of tickets we had to. That way we reduce the possibility of trouble, aren't forced to give up the "home end" to accommodate them, and hence pretty much give up any small home advantage we had.

One day we'll get it right, one day...

I agree the original plans for Colchester were wrong but do you honestly think we shouldn't be segregating this fixture?

I think we absolutely should be.

Also, what is the minimum number of tickets?
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum