Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:47 pm

russpa wrote:Am sure all the away fans be loving the welcome. No clubhouse access no parking no drums coaches parking hundreds of yards away segregated to one part of the ground.

Russpa, I love you to bits but you really are crackers.
worruz

Postby Dave Reader » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Has the new stand,now roofless been declared safe to use after the storm damage ?. If not I can envisage a few grumpy home supporters
Dave Reader

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Bananas wrote:[Ticket numbers (off the top of my head from memory) is circa 350.

My point being then, when we decided it was to be segregated, we haven't implemented that plan very well by not making it all ticket.
Hereford took well over a 1000 to Merthyr over Xmas (and let's be honest, every Herbert from both towns would have been there for that game and almost certainly have a good few beers inside them) and from what I've heard bar a bit of silly handbags post match, no trouble. Last week they took 600 to Slough in a massive top of the table clash. No trouble. So why do we expect them to kick off at ours in a competition that's not high on their list of priorities.

My feelings are, that I'd be surprised if Hereford bring 500. I'm not saying they won't as they're more than capable of doing so. My wet finger in the air estimate would be nearer the 300-350 mark.
It's a couple of weeks after Xmas and everyone will be starting to feel the pinch. They have a massive number of away league games coming up on the spin, which by definition are all more important than this one.
If I were one of their fans, I'd be thinking that this one is probably one I can swerve and keep money in the pocket for a more important game.
I of course wait to be surprised by their turn out and proved wrong.
To be honest I was looking forwards to this game when it was drawn, but the inevitable dicking coming out way and being stuck in the rain for 90 mins whilst I watch the away fans lording it in the home end that the fans of this club built, has taken the shine off the occasion somewhat.

So bar some actual trouble there was no trouble?

I don't think anyone 'expects' them to kick off at ours but why have the risk. It might not be any of theirs that instigated it!!! If we can put them in one end and us in another then why not do it. The argument about who gets which end is a separate issue to that I think.
worruz

Postby attic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm

worruz wrote:So bar some actual trouble there was no trouble?

I don't think anyone 'expects' them to kick off at ours but why have the risk. It might not be any of theirs that instigated it!!! If we can put them in one end and us in another then why not do it. The argument about who gets which end is a separate issue to that I think.

Its similar to the Colchester scenario. I'm really not sure if they were ever going to bring anyone who was going to kick it off with our fans. However, we all know these types of game attract a few from our area who might jump at the chance to kick it off with the opposition.

We've come a fair way from the Newport fiasco. This was where all but a powerful minority realised both sets of fans were going to have more than a handful who wanted to exchange pleasantries during the game. You didn't have to be the head of MI5 to realise 10m of 'sterile' area plus two plastic bands would not keep people apart. At least we've made an obvious decision this time and I believe when the decision was made the stand still had a roof on.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Dave Reader » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm

attic wrote:
worruz wrote:So bar some actual trouble there was no trouble?

Its similar to the Colchester scenario. I'm really not sure if they were ever going to bring anyone who was going to kick it off with our fans. However, we all know these types of game attract a few from our area who love the chance to kick it off with the opposition.

We've come a fair way from the Newport fiasco. This was where all but a powerful minority realised both sets of fans were going to have more than a handful who wanted to exchange pleasantries during the game. You didn't have to be the head of MI5 to realise 10m of 'sterile' area plus two plastic bands would not keep people apart. At least we've made an obvious decision this time and I believe when the decision was made the stand still had a roof on.

Indeed the stand was intact. Whatever decisions are made it's good practise for where the club wants to be in the near future as segregation could become the norm in the division above
Dave Reader

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:20 pm

worruz wrote:
Bananas wrote:[Ticket numbers (off the top of my head from memory) is circa 350.

My point being then, when we decided it was to be segregated, we haven't implemented that plan very well by not making it all ticket.
Hereford took well over a 1000 to Merthyr over Xmas (and let's be honest, every Herbert from both towns would have been there for that game and almost certainly have a good few beers inside them) and from what I've heard bar a bit of silly handbags post match, no trouble. Last week they took 600 to Slough in a massive top of the table clash. No trouble. So why do we expect them to kick off at ours in a competition that's not high on their list of priorities.

My feelings are, that I'd be surprised if Hereford bring 500. I'm not saying they won't as they're more than capable of doing so. My wet finger in the air estimate would be nearer the 300-350 mark.
It's a couple of weeks after Xmas and everyone will be starting to feel the pinch. They have a massive number of away league games coming up on the spin, which by definition are all more important than this one.
If I were one of their fans, I'd be thinking that this one is probably one I can swerve and keep money in the pocket for a more important game.
I of course wait to be surprised by their turn out and proved wrong.
To be honest I was looking forwards to this game when it was drawn, but the inevitable dicking coming out way and being stuck in the rain for 90 mins whilst I watch the away fans lording it in the home end that the fans of this club built, has taken the shine off the occasion somewhat.

So bar some actual trouble there was no trouble?

I don't think a couple drunken non regular fans (out of over a thousand) of theirs getting into a shoving match at their Derby away game of the season really constitutes "trouble" does it?
If that were the case then I'd lose count of the number of times we'd have to segregate teams coming to the Vale.
I agree with your sentiment though, better to segregate and stop any in ground shenanigans happening than not to (not like we did that when an anticipated 700+ Colchester were coming and there was all sorts of chances of something horribly embarrassing happening in front of the TV cameras). I'll still stick to my guns though that once we'd decided to segregate the game we should have made it all ticket and controlled the number of away fans that could have travelled.
My opinion though is that there won't even be a hint of problems from the (less than) 500 they do bring, and that any "intelligence" that has been put forward about the numbers they'll bring and the propensity of trouble have been exaggerated again, Hemel this season being an example of such things.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Maybe not but knowing our fans a shoving match could quote happily escalate into something far worse if anything resembling a decent away following is present.

I have no problem with th ed decision to segregate. If they didn't and even a minor skirmish occurred it would be all over the Internet and people would be calling our board out for it
worruz

Postby Wobs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Like many on this thread I personally doubt very much whether we shall see 500 Hereford fans on Saturday. The point is however that Hereford themselves have informed us (shortly after the draw was made and we started preparing for this match) that we should expect between 300 and 500 to travel and so we have no option but to take on board their advice and plan accordingly. We also have the local Police involved.

I really think it's a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't. We should all be supportive of Fingers, Nick Dugard, Victor, Hughie and all. I'm sure they all have plenty of other things that they'd have liked to be doing this past couple of weeks rather than Saturday's match.
Wobs

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Case of tail wagging dog?

"We're bringing between 300 and 500..."
"Well you're only getting 350 tickets..."
"Ah, OK, so we're bringing anything up to 350 then"
"No problem. You're getting the North side of the ground"

Problem solved.

With the security team in place and stating that there will be random ID checks of anyone trying to get in to the home end you don't need to make the home section all ticket. Not exactly that hard is it?
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby attic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:03 pm

Wobs wrote:
I really think it's a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't. We should all be supportive of Fingers, Nick Dugard, Victor, Hughie and all. I'm sure they all have plenty of other things that they'd have liked to be doing this past couple of weeks rather than Saturday's match.

Should be an honour, not a chore to be involved in organising big games? It's what we've all stuck it out for isn't it?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum