Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm

What amazes me still is we don't have a definitive plan for segregating games set in stone by now.
Every time we have one we juggle with it, we did it this way last time, Err... We'll do it this way this time. Never twice the same.

The only reason for this as far as I can tell is that we try to monetize every segregated game so as we make as much out of the potential gate as possible, where actually winning the game (and prize money in cup games) is less important than how many people go through the turnstiles.

That attitude (and the fact we are reactive no proactive when it comes to segregation) has to change. There are a number of tin pot clubs who can sort this sh!t out yet we continously struggle. New era of professionalism? We've not moved on a step since Rotherham at the Vale. It's beyond a joke now.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby megaphone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 am

Yes I agree they do a fabulous job. However in this instance, with our own fans being treated as second class citizens, I had naturally presumed that they had all been kidnapped, and instead our negotiating done by Lily (I'm only famous because of my dad's money) Allen...... :?

Wobs wrote:I really think it's a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't. We should all be supportive of Fingers, Nick Dugard, Victor, Hughie and all.
megaphone

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 am

Bananas wrote:Case of tail wagging dog?

"We're bringing between 300 and 500..."
"Well you're only getting 350 tickets..."
"Ah, OK, so we're bringing anything up to 350 then"
"No problem. You're getting the North side of the ground"

Problem solved.

With the security team in place and stating that there will be random ID checks of anyone trying to get in to the home end you don't need to make the home section all ticket. Not exactly that hard is it?

Random ID checks, lucky I haven’t moved to Herefordshire yet. Blimey I feel like a double agent, right back to my Buddy Rich teaches drums book.
Stoney Ground

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 am

Herefordshire eh? Sooner the better is the word in the street.
One less regular moaner.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am

Bananas wrote:The only reason for this as far as I can tell is that we try to monetize every segregated game so as we make as much out of the potential gate as possible, where actually winning the game (and prize money in cup games) is less important than how many people go through the turnstiles.

Fair ponit.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby worruz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 am

megaphone wrote:Yes I agree they do a fabulous job. However in this instance, with our own fans being treated as second class citizens, I had naturally presumed that they had all been kidnapped, and instead our negotiating done by Lily (I'm only famous because of my dad's money) Allen...... :?

You've lost me here.

How are we being treated as second class citizens? The roof went after the decision and we get to use the bar before the game, they don't. Plus we get the toilet block and Lynn's burgers.

Also, Lily Allen?
Last edited by worruz on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worruz

Postby worruz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:54 am

Bananas wrote:The only reason for this as far as I can tell is that we try to monetize every segregated game so as we make as much out of the potential gate as possible, where actually winning the game (and prize money in cup games) is less important than how many people go through the turnstiles.

Ok, just to prove to Jez I really do have a good memory.
I recall a conversation I had with 2 prominent Stones fans, not on our board, before the Newport game 1st leg in 2012.

They were saying it was a shame the 2nd leg was at home as we were probably going to get stuffed in the first leg and fewer home fans would buy tickets for the 2nd leg and therefore we'd miss out on more money.

Boiled my piss I tell you. Firstly we'd already beaten 2 Conference sides so no guarantee we'd get stuffed in the first leg. Secondly the thought of money being the first priority annoys me no end. I realise its importance as Jez points out but I didn't grow up a football fan thinking of how much money each game was worth and I've never cheered a banked cheque.

Drives me fugging mental it does.
Last edited by worruz on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worruz

Postby GingerGuy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 am

One less regular moaner

Not necessarily. I think we operate a one-out-one-in policy on moaners.
GingerGuy

Postby deadly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

worruz wrote:
megaphone wrote:Yes I agree they do a fabulous job. However in this instance, with our own fans being treated as second class citizens, I had naturally presumed that they had all been kidnapped, and instead our negotiating done by Lily (I'm only famous because of my dad's money) Allen...... :?

You've lost me here.

How are we being treated as second class citizens? The roof went after the decision and we get to use the bar before the game, they don't. Plus we get the toilet block and Lynn's burgers.

Also, Lily Allen?

I have been away in Sunny Scotland and so missed all the bad weather. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have seen pics on twitter of the stand less roof, but not of the roof itself. Is it damaged beyond repair?
Will it be reinstated / repaired? ...or will the seating remain uncovered ?
Are any seats out of commission?
Was it covered :? by insurance or warranty?...and if so, have we got any idea of timescale, thanks.

In the meantime, fingers crossed for Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638976

Dead Nosey Parker.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Curtis » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am

Just to correct things being mentioned on this thread regarding the game this Saturday.

1. When Fingers and myself first spoke with Hereford they said they would be bringing a minimum of 500 and possibly could be up to 700 so at no point has 350 been mentioned by Hereford FC and that is why the match arrangements as announced were put in place.
Curtis

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum