Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Bananas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 am

Curtis wrote:Just to correct a couple of incorrect things being mentioned on this thread regarding the game this Saturday.

1. When Fingers and myself first spoke with Hereford they said they would be bringing a minimum of 500 and possibly could be up to 700 so at no point has 350 been mentioned and that is why the match arrangements as announced were put in place.

2.There will be NO ID Checks whatsoever,where did this come from as it has never been on any agenda for the game at times I despair with the incorrect stuff that people post on here.

Try reading the thread again, but properly this time... :roll:
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
User avatar
Bananas
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Wealdstone Rock City

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Bananas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Imagine an FA Cup final scenario where Man United get to Wembley...

Secretary of MUFC "We're bringing somewhere between 50-70,000 fans to Wembley..."
The FA "You're only getting 35,000 tickets."
SofMUFC "But we might need to get 70,000 in..."
FA "Not going to happen AS you only have 35,000 tickets allocated."
SOFMUFC "Surely you can change the entire layout of the stadium and give the other team the crap areas so as we can maybe bring 70,000?"
FA "Errr.... No because you're still only getting 35,000 tickets"
SOFMUFC "Yes I understand that, but we may need to bring another 35,000 fans. How are they going to get in?"

And repeat ad infinitum...

Vice chairman of the FA "well I heard they were bringing between 30-50,000..."
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
User avatar
Bananas
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Wealdstone Rock City

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby megaphone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Second class because we are being denied access to our home end, are being pushed away from the main entrance and turnstiles and because it is the home fans being kept in afterwards. As for Lily Allen, she was just the first talentless, liberal bullshit sprouting, terrorist loving bitch that came into my mind who would also have seen these arrangements in a good light.........


worruz wrote:How are we being treated as second class citizens? The roof went after the decision and we get to use the bar before the game, they don't. Plus we get the toilet block and Lynn's burgers.

Also, Lily Allen?
User avatar
megaphone
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 am

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Bananas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 pm

megaphone wrote:Second class because we are being denied access to our home end, are being pushed away from the main entrance and turnstiles and because it is the home fans being kept in afterwards. As for Lily Allen, she was just the first talentless, liberal bullshit sprouting, terrorist loving bitch that came into my mind who would also have seen these arrangements in a good light.........


worruz wrote:How are we being treated as second class citizens? The roof went after the decision and we get to use the bar before the game, they don't. Plus we get the toilet block and Lynn's burgers.

Also, Lily Allen?

But we do get the toilets Mega. There's something to celebrate!
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
User avatar
Bananas
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Wealdstone Rock City

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby charlie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Such has been the interest for the Trophy attendance wise thus far, this could well turn out to be a home game for Hereford.

Out Smarted, Outplayed, Out Sung and Out the Trophy.

Thats it done my bit to lull the Bulls
charlie
 
Posts: 2427
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby attic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Do they have room for 9 or so puppies in the GT end :D

Anyways am still more concerned about the actual game itself than how we manage the game. Big turn around needed on the field of play. An admittance that we are the underdog for this one would be a start. A decrease in form during the last month needs to be turned around sharpish. There needs to be a bit of radical thinking as far as team selection goes. Okimo to left back, Oshodi to centre half maybe? We can't keep getting done down our left hand side like we do. Surely Teriyaki is back for this?? That's been well over a month now.

Fact is, if we win the game, the 'arrangements' will quickly be forgotten...until the next time.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 8303
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby worruz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Curtis wrote:Just to correct things being mentioned on this thread regarding the game this Saturday.

1. When Fingers and myself first spoke with Hereford they said they would be bringing a minimum of 500 and possibly could be up to 700 so at no point has 350 been mentioned by Hereford FC and that is why the match arrangements as announced were put in place.

Fair enough

You can only go by what they say.

If they end bringing less then its not your fault but if they bring what they say and we put them in a part of the ground not adequate then its not worth the hassle.

Its easy to say we should only give them so many tickets but if more turned up and went in the home end then we could have real problems.
worruz
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby worruz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Bananas wrote:Imagine an FA Cup final scenario where Man United get to Wembley...

Secretary of MUFC "We're bringing somewhere between 50-70,000 fans to Wembley..."
The FA "You're only getting 35,000 tickets."
SofMUFC "But we might need to get 70,000 in..."
FA "Not going to happen AS you only have 35,000 tickets allocated."
SOFMUFC "Surely you can change the entire layout of the stadium and give the other team the crap areas so as we can maybe bring 70,000?"
FA "Errr.... No because you're still only getting 35,000 tickets"
SOFMUFC "Yes I understand that, but we may need to bring another 35,000 fans. How are they going to get in?"

And repeat ad infinitum...

Vice chairman of the FA "well I heard they were bringing between 30-50,000..."


Not the same thing at all and to be fair we're not getting the 'crap' areas at the Vale. There are no crap areas as far as I can tell. Well certainly not before the wind did its job last week there werent anyway.

This is unlike me sticking up for the club isn't it

:lol:
worruz
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm

I was fully behind the argument regarding making Colchester all ticket as much for the issue of having a capacity crowd trying to change ends in a tight ground.

However in this instance I don't see a problem with the original decision, a decision has to be made based on all the relevant information to hand and with due consideration to any advice from the authorities.

The one thing I have thought though and I dont think its been mentioned is the turnstile facilities at the top end, there is only one isn't there ?

Of course since the decision was made the roof at the top end is no more and with rain forecast for Saturday then the prospect of watching football from that end of the ground becomes very unappealing.

For me that has now become the biggest issue.
The Guvnor
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby worruz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 pm

megaphone wrote:Second class because we are being denied access to our home end, are being pushed away from the main entrance and turnstiles and because it is the home fans being kept in afterwards. As for Lily Allen, she was just the first talentless, liberal bullshit sprouting, terrorist loving bitch that came into my mind who would also have seen these arrangements in a good light.........


worruz wrote:How are we being treated as second class citizens? The roof went after the decision and we get to use the bar before the game, they don't. Plus we get the toilet block and Lynn's burgers.

Also, Lily Allen?

I quite like Lily Allen's music. Everyone has their own tastes. Liberal bullshit sprouting? That's a new one on me. Where does she grow that then? :lol: Terrorist loving? I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, back to the ponit (yes I did notice KP). People moaned about Hemel getting the new seated stand, which I agreed was a joke. I'm not sure what the home end is anymore to be honest. If we had a big cup tie at the Vale who would get the Bulla and who would get the seated end? Lets just imagine the seated end does have a roof. To me I'd be happy with watching from either end from my point of view. Personally I must admit, what turnstiles I use is not a major consideration in my attendance at football. Having to walk a further 80 yards or so to enter the ground is hardly akin to the way the majority in apartheid S. Africa were treated. 2nd class citizens may be a bit strong there don't you think?
As for being kept in. Will the extra few minutes make a major difference to most of our support. It seems to take the players about 10 minutes to leave the pitch after most games nowadays anyway, meaning half the crowd have to stay behind the tunnel fence. Another modern day football bugbear of mine. Do the huddle or whatever it is in the changing room. Just get off the pitch. All that stuff does is just build tension
Last edited by worruz on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worruz
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stoney Ground and 47 guests