Abysmal. Stones losing 0-3 when I left.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Abysmal. Stones losing 0-3 when I left.

Postby West End Stone » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I'll eat my kids if we manage to get anything out of this game. As bad as anything under Gord. Seriously rubbish. How does the manager explain that one to the chairman?

Some doubts creeping in as to whether BW is the man to take us forward. Has the drive and passion but I think he's struggling to stamp his mark on Wealdstone. Maybe it's too big for him?

Hampton were so much better than us but are probably paying half what we are.

Rubbish Wealdstone. Absolute rubbish!!
West End Stone

Re: Abysmal. Stones losing 0-3 when I left.

Postby charlie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:35 pm

No Defence No Midfield and No Forward line... Refunds all round Mr Chairman

Not impressed with BWs signings thus far, although still the nucleus of a Bartlett side.

Play that 11 players again god help us.

Hampton fans present in numbers they realise that they are watching a team that could achieve this year , unlike our shower of make weights.
charlie

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:42 pm

charlie wrote:No Defence No Midfield and No Forward line... Refunds all round Mr Chairman

Not impressed with BWs signings thus far, although still the nucleus of a Bartlett side.

Play that 11 players again god help us.

Hampton fans present in numbers they realise that they are watching a team that could achieve this year , unlike our shower of make weights.

How did you manage to blame GB for that that fiasco?

BW stated in a recent interview that he inherited a sinking ship when he took over, well we are rudderless, holed out adrift at sea, with no power and no directional ability. Today's game was a shambles. I said that the second half verses St Albans was as bad as a performance that we have had in the CS, well today was ten times worse. Hampton were everything that we weren't. Fitter, stronger, faster, had a game plan and had players to execute it. We shipped our obligatory three goals. Fortress Vale is a myth.

BW starting to lose the crowd as well. Doesn't auger well at all.
Elmslie Ender

Postby approvemeplease » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Crap.

Ngomvolou and Pratt very ineffective. Centre back calpable for second goal. All Bobby’s men. God knows what Pratt is being paid but he already looks like an immobile donkey. Not helped by lack of service but had one chance in first half where he proceeded to move at snails pace and fail to get a shot off. Another dud.

We’re below sides like East Thurrock at the half way stage of the season. Let that sink in.

Side didn’t compete today, were the players all out on the sauce last night? All this talk about becoming a professional outfit made to look laughable. Losing is one thing but rolling over and being played off the park... no one can accept that. Total waste of everyone’s time, effort and money.

Buck up
approvemeplease

Postby warren » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:59 pm

as you will know i dont rate the manager. enough will be said about the performance and players.

getting the silent treatment after the game is like the spanish white hanky treatment. his wife and family were in with the crowd at the end it was lucky it didnt kick off.

where has BW passion gone we saw the first few games. he kicked every ball shouted out every kick. thse days he says nothing. does he know deep down this is not for him? he will come out with the asked the boys not to lose the 2nd half. the fact is hampton didnt need to play. there was no 2nd half fight back. its not if he should go its when. this club isnt for him and we are not for him either.
warren

Postby abuzza » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Back in '96 when we failed to get promoted from the Isthmian League Division 3 at the first attempt, like many, I wouldn't have minded if Gordon Bartlett had been shown the door. He turned out to be our greatest ever manager*.

That's about the only positive thing I can say about Bobby Wilkinson's tenure to date. With a full time manager and increased playing budget we appear to be going backwards fast.

A bad performance / result against Hereford and the knives will truly be out.

*No, this is not a defence of Gordon, I realised his time was up when we lost to Brackley and didn't change my mind afterwards.
abuzza

Postby Stones Throw » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Its ok as we have fun at training and have a good laugh before a game.

We are a team on the edge of a crisis. If the next few results dont go our way it could all quickly fall apart as Bobby and his loyal band dont take critism well. Completely outplayed today, as well as out managed... but i look forward to the players saying we all go again etc etc. The sooner this season is over the better.

Two years ago Havant paid silly money and went down.
Stones Throw

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Definitely felt the change in management was needed and was very supportive of Wilkinson's appointment. I still really hope he turns the corner and get's it right as I don't think the club can now afford to fail.

However, that was an embarrassment today and it was an embarrassment against St Albans. I didn't see the Concord game but I hear that was an embarrassment too. The dynamics all seem very different recently and we don't seem to be doing the things we did against Braintree (for example) where I thought we were excellent first half. We were very lucky not to lose at Hampton on Boxing Day but rather than learn from that, we repeated the same mistakes and seem to have the same game plan. And that game plan seems to be lump it out from the back and bypass the midfield. It was meat and drink for Charlie Wassmer on Boxing Day and exactly the same today, I thought he was oustanding in both matches. Exactly the same against St Albans, their back 4 coped with ease.

Unless defenders are playing a high line, we're unable to pop a ball in behind the opposition back 4. We don't have the quality to hit passes 50 or 60 yards and that's a fact. We don't hit wide areas, we end up hitting them right at the opposing centre halves who send the ball straight back at us and we're immediately under pressure. We looked effective in games where we kept possession, played through the thirds at a high tempo and pressed hard all over the pitch when we didn't have the ball - first half at Dartford a case in point. That's stopped now and we look one dimensional. We now can't get our best players into the game and have resorted to lumping balls up top to probably the most expensive striker in the division who looks completely lost with the lack of service.

The biggest frustration is the constant changing of personnel and game plan. We have semi professional footballers, don't make things complicated for them. We need a settled side and a settled style of play otherwise how can you develop patterns, how do you get any continuity and build confidence?

It's all down to Wilkinson to sort out, no doubt he'll be as frustrated as the rest of us and I hope he can get a reaction. But I don't believe it's all down to the personnel he's inherited, I know he would rather have moved other players on but he and his management team should be getting far more out of the group that he has than what we are seeing right now.
Last edited by BornundertheElmslie on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 pm

There was a 20 minute period in the 1st half that was as bad as anything I think I've ever seen. There were so many individual errors it was almost comical. How we only went in 3 down is a miracle. Agree re BW. A month ago v Braintree he was kicking every ball but he looks subdued now. What's happened? I dont get it.

Disagree about Pratt. Its hard to judge him. He has nothing to work with at the moment. Works hard but it cant be easy at the moment.

Still too early to be calling for anyone's head as we've basically had 3 bad weeks, but things must change and soon.
worruz

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Just watched the videos of their goals. Same as St Albans, all from down our left hand side. Calamitous defending.
BornundertheElmslie

Next

Return to stonesnet forum