Abysmal. Stones losing 0-3 when I left.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Abysmal. Stones losing 0-3 when I left.

Postby Not Happy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

I'd be very surprised if Wilkinson is still there in a month let alone the end of the season. He's a one club man and a small club at that. Good bloke, passionate about the game but was not the correct choice to succeed GB. Definite problem in the dressing room and it's starting to show.

Sellers isn't anywhere near good enough as a left back and Oshodi has become an accident that's happening regularly. Midfield is too slow and not strong enough. I'd be concerned about avoiding relegation before anything else.
Not Happy

Postby WfcGooner » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:Just watched the videos of their goals. Same as St Albans, all from down our left hand side. Calamitous defending.

I'm not sure that even counts as defending, to be honest.
WfcGooner

Postby russpa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Going to pick up more points in the second half of the season than the first ?? :roll:
russpa

Postby Not Happy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Also a huge concern is what happens to his 'backer' if BW does jack it in? All of a sudden we are lumbered with a couple of expensive players who are most probably being funded by this individual.

As someone has pointed out, Havant went down with expensive contracted players who didn't really want to be there.
Not Happy

Postby Tonyd » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

3-0 down and I thought the manager was extremely slow to react today, surely changes were needed at half time? If that makes his management questionable then so do his signings. Le frog? Mais non. Williams? Signed injured and nowhere near fit now.. Just costing us money. Harry and Wilson just old dogs. Worthless. O brien? Think he's been fit for one game. I see little evidence that this man can stop the sinking ship, he says he inherited, from actually sinking.

The team can't begin to look upwards in the table until we stop shipping goals, we've conceded 3 so many times recently. Sellars is proving to be a better attacking player than defender so let's get Okimo back there (I'd even think of trying Eddie and Okimo as a new centre back pairing though full backs would still be a worry then).

Okimo and Cox are driving me to despair as a centre midfield pair. They're not stopping us conceding and neither are good enough passers to both be in there. For me, Green must start in the middle. Wellard has critics but can he be worse than Steph or Cox for that matter?

We sign an expensive striker and yet there are no signs that we know how to get the most out of him - same for Fitchett really.

Welcome to 2018!
Tonyd

Postby 08masonl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Couldn't make it today. At my girlfreinds in Essex so I treated her to a local derby of Chelmsford vs. Braintree and considering both sides were 2nd and 3rd before the Game, the level of football was pretty poor. We've missed a serious opportunity this season.
08masonl

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:57 pm

08masonl wrote:Couldn't make it today. At my girlfreinds in Essex so I treated her to a local derby of Chelmsford vs. Braintree and considering both sides were 2nd and 3rd before the Game, the level of football was pretty poor. We've missed a serious opportunity this season.

You spoil that girl, it’ll never last.
Stoney Ground

Postby DeanSwift » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 pm

[quote="approvemeplease"]Crap.

Ngomvolou and Pratt very ineffective. Centre back calpable for second goal. All Bobby’s men. God knows what Pratt is being paid but he already looks like an immobile donkey. Not helped by lack of service but had one chance in first half where he proceeded to move at snails pace and fail to get a shot off. Another dud.

Pratt.

How long has he been given?

Two, three games?
DeanSwift

Postby DeanSwift » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Loads of money = loads of expectation = loads of short termism
DeanSwift

Postby megaphone » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

Wasn't there today due to work thankfully. Following on Twitter there were a few comments saying that we were worse than the St Albans game, which I didn't think was possible. On paper our team looked strong but again it sounds like we failed to do the basics and the vast majority underperformed. If we aren't prepared to even compete with our opponents then we are only heading in one direction.
megaphone

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum