In Mars do we trust?

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: In Mars do we trust?

Postby attic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 pm

worruz wrote: I also feel that if GB had stayed as manager when he was actually at the club we'd have maybe been better off.
What I mean by that is I think he'd delegated too much. Scott McGleish looked to me like he was pretty much managing the side in GBs last 2 years. Add Steve Newing to the mix at the start of last season and then the cherry on the cake was Jimmy Gray at the start of this and it all was a recipe for disaster.

I see Steve Newing recently resigned as manager of Cheshunt having guided them to the bottom of the table.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: In Mars do we trust?

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:12 pm

The first thing that I would say is that without his money we would probably have gone down by now so in answer to the question, yes.

Of course GB was retained far longer than he should have been, too much sentiment involved which clouded peoples judgement and possibly Mr M got caught up in that and was probably keen to be seen doing the right thing.

It is what it is but nobody should be under any illusions as to the mess BW inherited in August and indeed having just watched the goals conceded on New Years Day then its a mess he's still dealing with.

Of course he also had the little matter of the lease which he's had to deal with and that could easily gone horribly wrong from what I hear, and although we didn't get what we wanted I feel credit should be due there.

As for BW, I don't think its a discussion worth having for at least another year, he has to be given a good go at it and we can't just keep changing manager every 6 months. What I will say though he's going to have be ruthless with a lot of players, and the fact that some of their Dad's think they are great players certainly doesn't mean that they are.

Some of our players are very good, some average and some ( mostly defenders ) are nowhere near what is required.
The Guvnor

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum