Havant and Waterlooville away

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Havant and Waterlooville away POSTPONED

Postby Ronnie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 am

Sadly off but glad of an early decision
Ronnie

Re: Havant and Waterlooville away

Postby Dave Reader » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am

Oh well at least a sensible early decision hopefully get one or two of the injury doubts ready for a big game next week....UTS
Dave Reader

Postby attic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:00 am

Cue some of our saddo's frantically looking at other fixtures to attend :D

Slough an obvious destination.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 am

attic wrote:Cue some of our saddo's frantically looking at other fixtures to attend :D

Except all ticket and none available on the day. One would hope our management team are there taking notes.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Roge S » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Thought they were filming.....
Age comes to those who wait.
Roge S

Postby deadly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 am

attic wrote:Cue some of our saddo's frantically looking at other fixtures to attend :D

Pollock v Arthurlie. 5 _0, ko delayed, attendance just over a thousand.... then a quick taxi to Hamden Park for Queens Park v Stranraer, 2_2 600 attendance.... Deadly on tour.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm

On my way back from my parents in Stanmore, I stopped off at King's Langley who were playing the club one position below them, St.Ives. As I was getting my burger the teams were read out. I knew Godfrey was there but was surprised to hear Matt Ball's name at number 11. He'd signed on loan from Hendon that morning. First half Kings were the better team with Elliot breaking up play and a rather rotund Ball picking some good passes but no real cutting edge from the forwards. HT 0-0. Second half saw St.Ives come out with more purpose and scored with their first real chance. Kings pressed for an equaliser but were caught pushing up by a quick counter attack which was followed by an almost identical 3rd. Game over, although K's huffed and puffed to get something out of it. FT 0-3
BillyByrneFan

Postby attic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Must admit I'm not surprised to see Matt Ball at that level. He really was a classic example of where we got so many signings wrong.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:17 pm

attic wrote:Must admit I'm not surprised to see Matt Ball at that level. He really was a classic example of where we got so many signings wrong.

Kings Langley are Southern Premier, so Ball's level of football hasn't changed one iota.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
attic wrote:Must admit I'm not surprised to see Matt Ball at that level. He really was a classic example of where we got so many signings wrong.

Kings Langley are Southern Premier, so Ball's level of football hasn't changed one iota.

He's not made it back into the Conference South though. And I don't suppose he ever will. Then again, how many central midfielders who have played since him have really stood out? Harriott in places. Green in patches. Cox and Okimo far more defensive players. Williams could be the man if he gets and stays fit.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum