BW half season appraisal

For all things Wealdstone FC

BW half season appraisal

Postby John Young » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:00 pm

I thought this was an honest overview of what has happened. BW is telling us that changes were needed and there is a long term goal for the club, chairman , manager and fans and that is to progress the club higher. This won't happen overnight , but I think there are exciting times ahead. Still feel we have outside chance of top 7 but will need a winning streak as earlier in season. It is great to have a young ambitious manager and as fans I feel we should get behind the team through good and bad as over last few weeks it has been quiet. Yes we need to offload 4-5 players and bring in 3-4 quality players, maybe a couple of loaners to help short term! If it isn't our season then next year I feel could be. Plus Torquay look likely to drop into our league and that would be great weekend away.
John Young

Re: BW half season appraisal

Postby charlie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

The National league gave Stones a "C" rating a few weeks ago for progress thus far.

Some Peps said... "C only"...Your joking Never!!!... but from 2nd December we are "D" rating

If its entertainment you want then stay away at present. "Exciting times". you say JY ? Wake me when this happens on a REGULAR basis.

Sadly not only has the roof come off the stand.. major cash outlay.. but also the confidence within the team has blown away.

One Day maybe it will be perfect.... When was it 1980-1985 that was perfect.
charlie

Postby worruz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

charlie wrote:When was it 1980-1985 that was perfect.

Not entirely
worruz

Postby attic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

worruz wrote:
charlie wrote:When was it 1980-1985 that was perfect.

Not entirely

Didn't we get relegated during that period?

Anyways onto the half season appraisal I'd say we are where we deserve to be overall. The continued improvement after the Braintree game sadly didn't happen. I thought we'd improve a final 10% to look good for a top 3 spot. If anything we've gone backwards around 30% and could slip further still if the rot is not stopped asap. Maybe the new manager effect has waned and some of the players have slipped back into some bad old habits. Maybe some of them get the feeling they aren't really wanted by the new regime and are reacting with their poor performances? Then again, at least two of the poor performers have been players signed by BW. One was absolutely taken to the cleaners during the post Hampton interview. Cannot disagree with anything that was said but he was signed by the manager. We do seem to continue to sign a few too many players who lack character and the ability to show some real intestinal fortitude in adversity.

Some of those players have a lot to prove over the next few weeks. It may be that the chairman and other contributors run out of patience and will have to dig deep into those pockets to either bring some fresh faces in or ship a few more out.

We're at the crossroads (again) playing wise. Looking forward to the next few weeks. Things can surely only get better?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Yes got relegated 1980.but alan batsford ex dons was just in place. The revolution was about to
Start. ......What so a bit like now then charlie???

Yes if only.
charlie

Return to stonesnet forum