OTD - 7 Jan 1978 - QPR v Wealdstone FA Cup 3rd Round

For all things Wealdstone FC

OTD - 7 Jan 1978 - QPR v Wealdstone FA Cup 3rd Round

Postby FGW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

To brighten up your weekend I have linked the Match Day programme from the above as part of the weekly website club news piece - check it out at https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/2018/posts/club-news-106/
FGW

Re: OTD - 7 Jan 1978 - QPR v Wealdstone FA Cup 3rd Round

Postby FGW » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Just checked the website 'hit' numbers and it is good to see the Sunday (lunchtime) weekly website news piece has been viewed 689 times with 474 clicks thro to the Match Day programme...... :)
FGW

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Was really good, enjoyed reading the programme, remember Michael Wale from Thames Sport, wouldn't mind another crack at the 3rd round in the near future!
Enfield Stones

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:Was really good, enjoyed reading the programme, remember Michael Wale from Thames Sport, wouldn't mind another crack at the 3rd round in the near future!

In the near future?

I'd be happy in my lifetime!
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby worruz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:Was really good, enjoyed reading the programme, remember Michael Wale from Thames Sport, wouldn't mind another crack at the 3rd round in the near future!

I rec all arguing with you on the day Rotherham draw was made and you were saying we shouldn't word about the tie being winnable or not. You had more concern for how much money we'd make.

Does my pipe in the constant banging on about money re the FA Cup.

Wasn't it your Blanchflower that said the game was about the glory?
worruz

Postby charlie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Hullo there my name is Danny Blanchflower !! Famously Refused This is your Life live with Eamon Andrews.

Game was about the glory glory Spurs early 1960 s. ..... Money had not been invented.

To think Stones had two members of the Spurs Double Winning Team playing for em in the 1970s Cliffy Jones and Terry Dyson.

A Repeat on modern day squad pls...No chance.
charlie

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 pm

worruz wrote:

I rec all arguing with you on the day Rotherham draw was made and you were saying we shouldn't word about the tie being winnable or not. You had more concern for how much money we'd make.

Does my pipe in the constant banging on about money re the FA Cup.

Wasn't it your Blanchflower that said the game was about the glory?

That was 8 years ago so you have a fantastic memory! Am impressed, maybe I was pissed , not sure that would be me but..who knows, it's all about glory however the money for a non league club re FA cup is hugely important, hence why the prize money for each round is discussed a lot. Am a huge fan of the FA cup especially the scenes at the city ground yesterday!!
Enfield Stones

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Bananas wrote:

In the near future?

That's why I said the near future!!
Enfield Stones

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:
Bananas wrote:

In the near future?

That's why I said the near future!!

Thanks for that vote of confidence, I won't bother buying any long playing records then!
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Return to stonesnet forum