Stones 1-0 Hereford

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1-0 Hereford

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
ALAN COUCH wrote:Taofiq Olomowewe was abused right in front of where I was standing (in front of the Club office by the Tunnel).
He just stood his ground and smiled back at the abusers. That soon shut them up. Well done, Taofiq.

I assume that’s a mandatory referral to the FA?

One would hope that the club will be reporting this officially to the FA.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:/quote]

Especially the stewards having to deal with racism as well.

Yes very unfortunate.

Justifies the decision to segregate. Imagine if there was none and some trouble makers decided to come round our end and racially abuse our players.

You know what would have happened then[/quote]

Tbf Peter, there were no dissenters on segregation, just where the away fans should be put. I still say they should get the Turret End. If it is a case of of getting the away fans out of the ground and proximity asap, then just keep the home fans in longer. It would only take an additional five minutes between how it was done yesterday and if it was the other way around.

People should speak to Hughie on how tough a day it was for the security team. A lot of challenges faced dealing with them.[/quote]
Some did say there was no need for segregation
worruz

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

attic wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:

People should speak to Hughie on how tough a day it was for the security team. A lot of challenges faced dealing with them.

Minus the alleged racist abuse, were they really that bad? We're they not just similar to a large Stones away following?

It’s not alleged. It did happen
worruz

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:21 pm

ALAN COUCH wrote:Taofiq Olomowewe was abused right in front of where I was standing (in front of the Club office by the Tunnel).
He just stood his ground and smiled back at the abusers. That soon shut them up. Well done, Taofiq.

Yes, well done Taofiq and to our stewards who dealt with abuse as well. Physical and verbal
worruz

Postby Bananas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 pm

worruz wrote:[quote="Elmslie Ender"/quote]

Especially the stewards having to deal with racism as well.[/quote]

Yes very unfortunate.

Justifies the decision to segregate. Imagine if there was none and some trouble makers decided to come round our end and racially abuse our players.

You know what would have happened then[/quote]

Tbf Peter, there were no dissenters on segregation, just where the away fans should be put. I still say they should get the Turret End. If it is a case of of getting the away fans out of the ground and proximity asap, then just keep the home fans in longer. It would only take an additional five minutes between how it was done yesterday and if it was the other way around.

People should speak to Hughie on how tough a day it was for the security team. A lot of challenges faced dealing with them.[/quote]
Some did say there was no need for segregation[/quote]

I put my hands up for that, but I did say I wasn't 100% certain that segregation was required, not that we didn't need to do it. I certainly think if we were told they were guaranteed to be bringing 700+ that is was a no brainer. My argument then would have been to make it all ticket to limit the number of away fans to something controllable instead of thinking more about gate money.

My gripe (as was the majority of peoples) was how that was carried out, and in particular where the visiting fans were put.

Oh, and to my eyes, my estimate of them actually bringing 300-350 was pretty much spot on.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm

approvemeplease wrote:Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqzJdg ... e=youtu.be

2 mins 45 seconds for sending off incident including some zoomed in slow-mos and the expert opinion of Graham Poll. Sure to irk some Hereford fans further. Oh well.

Brilliant production and very funny

Well done
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 pm

I wasn't bothered what end we got but of course the landscape has now changed with the roof no longer at the top end so would hope if we do get a home draw tomorrow that requires segregation then consideration be given to that fact.
The Guvnor

Postby warren » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 pm

great result

firstly it was great to see the club organised on and off the pitch well done all involved. 9/11 starting line up pre BW days and thankfully now allowing cox to have some freedom to get around the pitch. one of his best games in months. thought day had a good game coming on. nice to see players in there best positions and playing well. if we can get a few players fit we have a a chance in anygame. thought the 2nd half thou was poor but never looked like getting outplayed.

TBH was a easy win i never thought hereford would score. we will never know how it would have panned out with 11 vs 11 but i wasnt that impressed with them.

great to see so many people coming into the ground hopefully a the middlesex boy liked it and seemed to like the fun behind the goal. a win win if we invite them down more often get there SM team down get some good publicity

all in all a great day and hopefully a nice draw in the next round
warren

Postby bringbackelmo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:58 pm

You weren't that impressed with a team that had to play 75 minutes with 10 men? Nice one.

I was initially pretty unimpressed with the red card but having seen the clearer footage it was a foul and we can't have any complaints. Still think we more than matched you with ten men on the pitch. Shame we didn't get to play the full match with 11 as it was ruined as a spectacle by the sending off.

Didn't hear any racism from our end but it wouldn't surprise me at all, Herefordshire is full of racists which is partly why I don't live there anymore. Obviously it's completely unacceptable if it did happen but please be assured that we aren't all neanderthal morons.

I liked the little terrace we had but the toilets and catering were a bit of a joke (no locks on the portaloos, 40 minute wait for food).

Most of us went away happy that at least results went our way in the league while we weren't playing.

See you again next season.
bringbackelmo

Postby warren » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:08 pm

bringbackelmo wrote:You weren't that impressed with a team that had to play 75 minutes with 10 men? Nice one.

I was initially pretty unimpressed with the red card but having seen the clearer footage it was a foul and we can't have any complaints. Still think we more than matched you with ten men on the pitch. Shame we didn't get to play the full match with 11 as it was ruined as a spectacle by the sending off.

Didn't hear any racism from our end but it wouldn't surprise me at all, Herefordshire is full of racists which is partly why I don't live there anymore. Obviously it's completely unacceptable if it did happen but please be assured that we aren't all neanderthal morons.

I liked the little terrace we had but the toilets and catering were a bit of a joke (no locks on the portaloos, 40 minute wait for food).

Most of us went away happy that at least results went our way in the league while we weren't playing.

See you again next season.

not at all. shows you the big jump between league. i thought you would have put our GK under a lot of pressure. he hardly had a save to make. yes you were down to 10 men. it was a cup tie if you lost by 2 and had gone for it then ok but never thought you would score. we played well

good luck for rest of the season
warren

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum