Stones 1-0 Hereford

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1-0 Hereford

Postby attic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QiPI9rnToZ4

You can clearly see him pull Whichelow back. Mind you what a great defensive header from Wilson that led to this!!!! Not often we have a bloke who can head the ball that far.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:29 pm

bringbackelmo wrote:You weren't that impressed with a team that had to play 75 minutes with 10 men? Nice one.

I was initially pretty unimpressed with the red card but having seen the clearer footage it was a foul and we can't have any complaints. Still think we more than matched you with ten men on the pitch. Shame we didn't get to play the full match with 11 as it was ruined as a spectacle by the sending off.

Didn't hear any racism from our end but it wouldn't surprise me at all, Herefordshire is full of racists which is partly why I don't live there anymore. Obviously it's completely unacceptable if it did happen but please be assured that we aren't all neanderthal morons.

I liked the little terrace we had but the toilets and catering were a bit of a joke (no locks on the portaloos, 40 minute wait for food).

Most of us went away happy that at least results went our way in the league while we weren't playing.

See you again next season.

A friend of mine is a Hereford/England fan so I know you have decent people among your support.

As far as I heard the racism to the stewards came from the Brian Collins stand on the side not behind the goal.

As for the game, bit of a scrappy cup tie with the winners happy and the losers not.

That's how it goes in the Cup
Last edited by worruz on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worruz

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm

John Young wrote:What a difference, play players in their correct position and suddenly we tick again. Excellent team performance. If only Wellard would produce that type of performance 4/5 weeks rather than 1/5. He has great ability and totally bossed the game today. As for next match only change would be Pratt for Fitchett. Fitchett worked really hard but had to score 1-1 with keeper. Good home draw next round quite fancy Leyton Orient be good crowd again. Agree with comments did look more like 1100-1200 crowd.

I spent most of the 2nd half talking to Bomber Jr. yesterday. He says everyone around the club are licking their lips in anticipation of seeing Mustafa and Dave Pratt together in a game. They are mustard together in training apparently and are always put in the same team. I know we've heard that about individual players in the past but if these two can forge a partnership things will get exciting. Eisa hasn't looked like getting an understanding with Pratt, preferring to shoot rather than pass. Yes, Fitch is very much a trier but we need someone to convert the limited chances that come our way.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:35 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:
John Young wrote:What a difference, play players in their correct position and suddenly we tick again. Excellent team performance. If only Wellard would produce that type of performance 4/5 weeks rather than 1/5. He has great ability and totally bossed the game today. As for next match only change would be Pratt for Fitchett. Fitchett worked really hard but had to score 1-1 with keeper. Good home draw next round quite fancy Leyton Orient be good crowd again. Agree with comments did look more like 1100-1200 crowd.

I spent most of the 2nd half talking to Bomber Jr. yesterday. He says everyone around the club are licking their lips in anticipation of seeing Mustafa and Dave Pratt together in a game. They are mustard together in training apparently and are always put in the same team. I know we've heard that about individual players in the past but if these two can forge a partnership things will get exciting. Eisa hasn't looked like getting an understanding with Pratt, preferring to shoot rather than pass. Yes, Fitch is very much a trier but we need someone to convert the limited chances that come our way.

With my defender's head on.... :D

I do think Mustafa will be a boost defensively as well. He was brilliant in our box a couple of times from their set pieces yesterday, including one spectacular over the shoulder clearance right near the end.
Can't wait to seeing him start games. Some of his link play with Eisa just in the short time he was on was sublime.
worruz

Postby FGW » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Start with an apology, when I posted up the pics provided by Steve Foster late last night I somehow managed to mangle the order completely - now sorted and can be viewed (again) in the right order at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156680995 ... 8439238529

Interesting and busy day on and off the pitch....

Match programme sold out 20 minutes before kick-off, if there is interest I will try and get a .pdf version out for those who couldn't get one or those who were unable to get to the game.

Spent a little time speaking with Stephen Hughes one of our match sponsors, really nice guy and one who I think we might see more of on future match days.

A deserved win - I wonder how many near post headers Mr Wellard has scored in his career?

Some crunching tackles all over the pitch + good some very good support play throughout.

Oh and really nice to see 4 big blokes in the back four at the start..... :shock:
Last edited by FGW on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FGW

Postby West End Stone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 pm

They had some right chancers amongst their fans. A few turned up at Ruislip Gardens and tried putting it about a bit in The Bell. Not a good idea. By the time the Police turned up the local nutters had already seen them off. They had that horrible accent too. Not exactly Welsh but not exactly yokel. Had some cat crap in a bag ready to throw their way as I made my way home but no sign of them.
West End Stone

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm

FGW wrote:
Oh and really nice to see 4 big blokes in the back four at the start..... :shock:

A few more beards and Attic will be in Nirvana. No not that one.

When teams visited Lower Mead their players often commented on how they weren't looking forward to it - we were fairly horrible on the pitch and totally horrible off it. While getting families involved is to be encouraged, so is being a team and ground to visit that the opposition really see as an unpleasant prospect. Noisy, tough, uncompromising (and beardy). The crowd and the team, not Guv's views on our midfield.

And bollocks to the territorial pissings of the Hereford (not the one with ronnie radford) fans.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

West End Stone wrote:They had some right chancers amongst their fans. A few turned up at Ruislip Gardens and tried putting it about a bit in The Bell. Not a good idea. By the time the Police turned up the local nutters had already seen them off. They had that horrible accent too. Not exactly Welsh but not exactly yokel. Had some cat crap in a bag ready to throw their way as I made my way home but no sign of them.

You really are oh so very strange
worruz

Postby charlie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 pm

What !..Not another one Worruz

Where do you find em?
charlie

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm

FGW wrote:Start with an apology, when I posted up the pics provided by Steve Foster late last night I somehow managed to mangle the order completely - now sorted and can be viewed (again) in the right order at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156680995 ... 8439238529

Interesting and busy day on and off the pitch....

Match programme sold out 20 minutes before kick-off, if there is interest I will try and get a .pdf version out for those who couldn't get one or those who were unable to get to the game.

Spent a little time speaking with Stephen Hughes one of our match sponsors, really nice guy and one who I think we might see more of on future match days.

A deserved win - I wonder how many near post headers Mr Wellard has scored in his career?

Some crunching tackles all over the pitch + good some very good support play throughout.

If any fan Stones or Hereford needs a program let me know, they can have mine as I’ve only read the short words
Stoney Ground

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum