Trophy draw Monday

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Trophy draw Monday

Postby Bananas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 am

The Guvnor wrote:Looking at whats left its unlikely we'll have another segregated game if we are drawn at home.

Probably only Stockport would definitely be so, and maybe Orient. Orient of course would almost certainly create the most interest and in turn would be our biggest crowd.

I just don't get people saying I fancy an away game at so and so, its all about getting through not the day out. You can always go to Bognor next Saturday if you like jaunts to the seaside.

Workington at home for me every day of the week.

Only reason I'd say an away game (against certain opposition) is because I think we'd have a better chance of beating them away, not for a jolly. We'd take a good few away and be totally up for the game on the terraces and that would (hopefully) inspire the team on the pitch much the same as it did at Southport last season.

Oh, and if we are forced into going away I'd like it to be a decent trip obviously. Not many of the Southern clubs left in really whet the apatite do they?
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Great bit of analysis Bananas. To answer your question - yes, it is realistic to get to Wembley IMHO.

All about the draw now. Think I'd prefer one of the NLN clubs away than anyone at home, Spennymoor obviously the pick of the bunch.

With luck the dangerous other 3 and Wicky will get drawn against each other so as two of them get dumped out of the competition.

Let's just accept it's going to be away at the "Circus Tavern" now and anything else is going to be a bonus!

And we need to make sure we don’t agree to ET and Pens on the day, that done for Bognor yesterday, whoever and wherever replay if necessary.

Surely Barrow away Kaney, couple of old haunts to visit.

Totally agree, few clubs left in it bar us and the other 3 bogey clubs would want another midweek fixture to fit in so that would play into our hands.

Barrow away on a Saturday would indeed be an interesting trip, I can't imagine it's changed much since we were last up there mate. Midweek would mean an overnighter in Ulveston which would be a great laugh.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Whoever we get in the next round if we disregard Tuesday we have 2 league games to bed in what on the face of it was a team with quite a few changes yesterday.

Players playing in their best positions and in the case of Cox being given that extra responsibility seems to have given us a better balance and shape.

BW stating another player or two coming in this week but we really need to be looking at more stability with our starting line up but that comes from getting in players who are reliable and doing what they are paid for rather than some of our signings this season.
The Guvnor

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Whoever we get in the next round if we disregard Tuesday we have 2 league games to bed in what on the face of it was a team with quite a few changes yesterday.

Players playing in their best positions and in the case of Cox being given that extra responsibility seems to have given us a better balance and shape.

BW stating another player or two coming in this week but we really need to be looking at more stability with our starting line up but that comes from getting in players who are reliable and doing what they are paid for rather than some of our signings this season.

A centre half and a player from the division above, hopefully not cup tied.
Stoney Ground

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Whoever we get in the next round if we disregard Tuesday we have 2 league games to bed in what on the face of it was a team with quite a few changes yesterday.

And all of this activity, this season, goes to show that this is a work in progress, not ‘just’ refinement. The back four arrangement of a few weeks ago is surely done. Looking at the league table for a moment it is clear, even with a couple of games in hand, we’d have to go on quite a run to get into the mix, such is the league. But, perhaps the pressure is off a little and with players in their preferred position we can do exactly that. We do, in large part, have the talent.
Royal Blue

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 pm

We will probably get East Thurrock away.....LOL
Dave Reader

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 am

You cant beat a cup draw to look forward to on a cold wet Monday morning.

UTS
The Guvnor

Postby HammeredWasp » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

the trouble is, you just know it's gonna be a let down
HammeredWasp

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 am

Leyton Orient at home would be massive. They struggled to get past Bognor at the weekend so I'd fancy our chances of a big upset at The Vale. The attention this game would create locally would push the club on even further if we maximised it.

Hopefully we'll avoid the likes of Maidstone, Sutton, Bromley, Borehamwood, Dover and Maidenhead, as I suspect all of them will be taking the competition seriously at this stage. Obviously there will be a lot of excitement if we land a decent away trip but ideally a winnable home tie that takes us one step closer to Wembley please.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:41 am

The only let down is not being in the draw surely.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum