2018-2019 Playing squad

For all things Wealdstone FC

2018-2019 Playing squad

Postby attic » Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 pm

All eyes are going to be on our transfer activity over the next couple of months. With an extra keen eye on the first few weeks after the play offs are over. This appears to be when most 'stellar' signings take place. Those players who are going to perform consistently and get you to the play offs. Its probably fair to say summer recruitment is an area where we need to improve somewhat if we are going to be serious players next season. Traditionally we've tended to be inactive during the 'stellar' period although of course this will be when the higher earners are trading places. Even with a trimmed budget, I expect some activity this time around. Anything else and the alarm bells may start to ring amongst the supporters. Of course there will be players departing although unlike last season I'm not convinced there will be any contracted retentions from the present squad. If there are then those same alarm bells may start to ring again. Luke Williams may be a notable exception here if he can prove his fitness.

Presently signed up for next season:

North
Okimo
Wilson (not contracted?)
Green
Cox
Bubb
Pratt
Monakana

A reasonably decent starting point.

In my opinion, we need two new full backs, two central defenders, three new midfielders and another forward.

Quite how many are going to be put onto contract is anyone's guess of course. I know BW is looking to reduce those who are contracted slightly.

Looking forward to what the next few weeks will bring. No doubt there will be plenty of debate, moaning and hopefully some optimism on here :D
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: 2018-2019 Playing squad

Postby Not Happy » Thu May 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Good posting Attic and an accurate appraisal of when the more desirable players are likely to sign up. Will have to agree to disagree with a couple of your opinions on the players though. We've already got a solid left back who's improving and should persevere with either T or Gayle. What about the Reading lad? Likely to sign I wonder?
Not Happy

Postby worruz » Fri May 04, 2018 9:00 am

Not Happy wrote:Good posting Attic and an accurate appraisal of when the more desirable players are likely to sign up. Will have to agree to disagree with a couple of your opinions on the players though. We've already got a solid left back who's improving and should persevere with either T or Gayle. What about the Reading lad? Likely to sign I wonder?

We don't have a solid left back.

We have one who is quite talented but very inconsistent
worruz

Postby Tonyd » Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am

worruz wrote:We don't have a solid left back.

Okimo surely is a solid left back? If you are only referencing Sellars, fair enough, but Okimo is a left back
Tonyd

Postby worruz » Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 am

Tonyd wrote:
worruz wrote:We don't have a solid left back.

Okimo surely is a solid left back? If you are only referencing Sellars, fair enough, but Okimo is a left back

I was referring to Sellars.

Okimo is excellent and I actually voted for him for POTY.
Sorry Northy

:lol:

I was under the impression NH was referring to Sellars but I could be wromg.
worruz

Postby craigw87 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Forest's nostrils wrote:A rumoured transfer target, midfielder Christan Smith, has chosen to stay at Maidenhead.

Will this be a thread about all those players that slip through the net?

Not seen this name mentioned once on the forum/twitter.
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm

craigw87 wrote:
Forest's nostrils wrote:A rumoured transfer target, midfielder Christan Smith, has chosen to stay at Maidenhead.

It was the word on the terraces. Seemed to be well known.....
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Believe Smith is a big, strong midfielder of similar ilk to Chris O'Leary. Has been in and out of the Maidenhead side at both Conference South and National level. Would have probably been a decent signing.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
craigw87 wrote:

It was the word on the terraces. Seemed to be well known.....

Again, I'd not heard this at all.

You have to realise that just because you hear something it doesn't mean our entire fanbase does.

:lol:
worruz

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu May 10, 2018 5:04 pm

The "word" was that he didn't like the travelling involved in the National. Oh well.
BillyByrneFan

Next

Return to stonesnet forum