2018-2019 Playing squad

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 2018-2019 Playing squad

Postby Not Happy » Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Weren't Hungerford very vulnerable down their right hand side when we played them :)

Worth a go though.
Not Happy

Postby attic » Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Not Happy wrote:Weren't Hungerford very vulnerable down their right hand side when we played them :)

Worth a go though.

They were. Rhys Tyler didn't play in either of the games against us if you check the stats on their website. Does appear he missed a fair part of the season from November to March. Are you trying to make a point about who our now departed left sided player was when we played them away from home? He played well that night. Good luck to Ryan at his new club, I mean academy.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 am

attic wrote:
Not Happy wrote:Weren't Hungerford very vulnerable down their right hand side when we played them :)

Worth a go though.

They were. Rhys Tyler didn't play in either of the games against us if you check the stats on their website. Does appear he missed a fair part of the season from November to March. Are you trying to make a point about who our now departed left sided player was when we played them away from home? He played well that night. Good luck to Ryan at his new club, I mean academy.

Not only should players and management stay away from forums, but most certainly so should family.
Elmslie Ender

Postby craigw87 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 am

Current Squad I have after last night's signings.

Goalkeepers
Jonathan North
Alfie Bonfield

Defenders
Marvel Ekpiteta
Rhys Tyler
Freddie Grant
Glenn Wilson
Jerome Okimo
Yado Mambo
Tom Gardiner

Midfielders
Danny Green
Wadah Ahmidi
Montel Agyemang
Jeffrey Monakana
Bradley Hudson-Odoi
James Clark
Sam Hatton
Matt Lench
Sam Cox

Strikers
Stefan Brown
Dave Pratt
Bradley Bubb

Status Unknown for 2018/2019 squad
Dylan Kearney
Luke Williams
Alan O'Brien
Ian Gayle
Taofiq Olomowewe
Raven Constable

Am i missing anyone?
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby The Guvnor » Wed May 23, 2018 8:41 am

Good signing BHO, definite starter and exactly what you need if you are seriously looking upwards.

As for Sellars, I can only assume someone is on a wind up because although I accept he is decent going forward he couldn't defend if his life depended on it.

Funny old game.
The Guvnor

Postby trueblue » Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am

Shouldn't Bradley be listed as a striker?
trueblue

Postby craigw87 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 am

trueblue wrote:Shouldn't Bradley be listed as a striker?

Could do, Some websites have him as a midfielder, some as a striker.
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby Ally » Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 am

Dylan Kearney is signed for next season which makes 22
Ally

Postby attic » Wed May 23, 2018 10:48 am

I'd almost certainly expect Luke Williams to be part of our plans, possibly even a starter providing he can prove he's recovered from his injury woes. You can make that 23 players.

However I'd expect around 2-3 players to be loaned out elsewhere and maybe another 2-3 to move on to other clubs permanently by the time the serious stuff starts. Not all will make the grade and that's just a fact of life.

Other clubs around and above us will no doubt do the same so I'd also expect us to pick up a couple towards the end of pre season too.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby attic » Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Evans Koussai and T released I see. Difficult to judge EK as he hardly featured. T showed potential here and there and had a solid frame for a centre half. Just never really inspired confidence though and didn't take well to being subbed against Warrington even though his sacrifice helped us win the game. Was clearly a mistake by the manager who got the formation wrong but as you player you have to accept these things happen.

Gayle has done slightly better and is maybe worth retention as a non contracted player should he be happy to accept this.

Fearless early predictions for our line up on the first game of the season?

North

Tyler Mambo Gardiner Grant

Monakana Williams Okimo Hudson-Odoi

Pratt Bubb

Subs: Green, Cox, Lench, Wilson, Brown

The above providing Williams is fit and re-signs of course! I see no reason why he won't. If not, then Lench to replace him.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum