2018-2019 Playing squad

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 2018-2019 Playing squad

Postby worruz » Mon May 28, 2018 2:12 pm

craigw87 wrote:as we all have different tastes so the most likely outcome is a bit of everthing

Sorry, I will bring it back to the music briefly because you’re talking shite.

There’s many things you can say about the music when I did it if you like but to suggest it wasn’t a mix of different eras, styles and types is bollocks.

I played music from the 1930s (eg The Andrews sisters) all the way up to music from this decade. Rock. Rock n roll, pop, soul, hip hop, punk, new wave, ska etc etc.

You really couldn’t have listened to the music I played. Surely.
worruz

Postby russpa » Mon May 28, 2018 2:17 pm

The classic line i was told. That's it Russpa you play what you wanna hear. I do...
russpa

Postby craigw87 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm

worruz wrote:
craigw87 wrote:as we all have different tastes so the most likely outcome is a bit of everthing

There’s many things you can say about the music when I did it if you like but to suggest it wasn’t a mix of different eras, styles and types is bollocks.

I played music from the 1930s (eg The Andrews sisters) all the way up to music from this decade. Rock. Rock n roll, pop, soul, hip hop, punk, new wave, ska etc etc.

Possibly not all the time then..Just saying the recent changes meant i've known more of the music. Maybe it's just an age thing?
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby worruz » Mon May 28, 2018 2:57 pm

craigw87 wrote:
worruz wrote:

Possibly not all the time then..Just saying the recent changes meant i've known more of the music. Maybe it's just an age thing?

Its not about age, its about taste. I like a lot of modern stuff but there is modern music I detest.

I heard Example (for example) being played at a home game just before the end of the season. To me Example sounds like a man talking out of tune and key to an appalling backing track recorded on a Casio keyboard. However, if some like that then fair enough. Ash obviously does or he wouldn't play it. As Russpa says the only advice I give is play what you like and damn the rest. The pa man is the one who has to stand through the whole playlist. How much does anyone else really hear?
From a personal point of view, without wishing to big myself up. I was reliable. I turned up every game for 10 years and if I couldn't make it I let the right people know.
If you or anyone didn't like the music....tough.
worruz

Postby charlie » Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Reliable worruz for sure, the best PA we have had.

When you consider the dark days .. No PA music...Total silence when the teams came onto the pitch...

Music /team announcements...Christ we had arrived at last!!

He played music to suit the occasion... from jilted johns "Gordon is a Moron"..... through to Nora Deans " Barbwire in his underpants."

I love a party with an atmosphere!!
charlie

Postby attic » Mon May 28, 2018 6:21 pm

craigw87 wrote: would say different up and until last season.Don't see what Corbyn has to do with music, but hey ho.

Lots actually!!! He's now a guaranteed performer at Glastonbury.

Surely now his beloved Whitehawk are in the way down we should be tempting him down to the Vale??? :) Oh he already does come down or am I confusing him with Grim.

If you don't like the music being played at the Vale...then put some headphones on FFS. BTW didn't Russpa offer requests but none were forthcoming?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby craigw87 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Wow...
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby kymberlyroadkid » Mon May 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Like most people I particularly liked the choice of music in peter's era.Im more concerned with the deathly silence over 'hemelgate' has their been a cyber attack from the Russians.
kymberlyroadkid

Postby worruz » Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 pm

kymberlyroadkid wrote:.Im more concerned with the deathly silence over 'hemelgate' has their been a cyber attack from the Russians.

Couldn’t agree more
worruz

Postby charlie » Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm

I am sure hemelgate silence will continue. Club will say nothing to do with us.

Will be nice to give chairman "Bilbo Boggins" a hearty welcome next season if he attends the home fixture.

Always remember the abuse at the away fixture when a number of players went to Hemel going back a few years..... Hammett /Moore et al..

Repeat could be on the cards.
charlie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum