BBQ Helpers needed for next weekend!

For all things Wealdstone FC

BBQ Helpers needed for next weekend!

Postby Whatmough » Thu May 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Next weekend the club will see the visit of play off hopefuls Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town on the Saturday and Sunday.

The supporters club are looking to run a BBQ on both days but we need your help!

Exact timings to be confirmed but we are looking for helpers to cook, take money and serve burgers and hot dogs. In the past we have been able to raise a £1000 from these days which is fantastic as it is not targeting the same people every time. The Championship play off final is at 1700 and the League One final at 1500.

To run the BBQ effectively we need 5 people at any one time so if you can help all day or just a few hours please let me know by posting a reply on here, messaging me or emailing m_c_randall@hotmail.com

Thank you
Whatmough

Re: BBQ Helpers needed for next weekend!

Postby tpmark » Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

Hi mark thorpe park mark can help on the bbq let me know whats suits
tpmark

Postby worruz » Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm

tpmark wrote:Hi mark thorpe park mark can help on the bbq let me know whats suits

Stand by the barbecue. It will scare the kids off so they don't get burnt.

:lol:
worruz

Postby Whatmough » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm

tpmark wrote:Hi mark thorpe park mark can help on the bbq let me know whats suits

Thanks Mark!
Whatmough

Postby Whatmough » Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Still room for a few more helpers especially after the games on both days for a bit.

If helping with the BBQ is not up your alley then there is always other things that you can do like car parking, litter picking, glass collecting or just generally being a Wealdstone fan and having a friendly chat to our visitors.
Whatmough

Postby russpa » Thu May 24, 2018 7:54 pm

if you still in need bbq help saturday please message me times...i am not around for other days sadly working sun and mon.
russpa

Postby Ally » Sun May 27, 2018 6:49 am

Fantastic performance by all helpers yesterday who sold out today's stock as well.

Is there anyone who could help after today's game from around 5pm for a few hours for the rush when Shrewsbury return from Wembley? Please just come down the the Vale.
Ally

Postby The Guvnor » Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 am

BW will be pleased, he might be able to afford another player this week now.
The Guvnor

Postby Whatmough » Mon May 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Just a quick thank you for everyone that helped over the weekend. Without the commitment of some excellent people we would not have made a record profit which will go towards making sure the Supporters Club meet its budgetary commitments towards this season's budget. This time we ran with two BBQ's for the first time which made a huge difference to the overall speed of service but it does mean that we need at least 6 people pre and 4 people post match.

In absolutely no particular order thank to: Alyson, Mark B, AA, TPM, Russpa, George, Pip, Gary, Rhonda, Keith, Mim, Leo and Victor.

Man City will be coming in August and it would be lovely to add a few new names to the above as we need more supporters to stand up and be counted.
Whatmough

Return to stonesnet forum