13 players released by the club....

For all things Wealdstone FC

13 players released by the club....

Postby attic » Fri May 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Thought it would warrant its own thread:

Ricky Wellard, Dan Fitchett, Ryan Sellers, Elliot OShodi, Matt Whichelow, Matt Day from the front runners.

Marcus JS, SHP, Alex LaFleur, Jermaine Osei, Ben Crilley, Ashleigh Artwell, Steph Ngamvoulou from the waifs and strays. Probably couldn't recognise most of them to be honest.

As for the front runners, I think its fair to say (bar Oshodi), it just hasn't worked out even if believe there is some decent talent there. One player who has given us some decent memories without doubt is Ricky Wellard. Ok, so they were few and far in between but at least there is something to remember him by. That goal at Southport, his header against Hereford all played a part in livening up mediocre seasons. Good player, but only he will know why performances weren't consistent under two managers. Oshodi gave his all and put some of our so called strikers to shame with some of his finishing from time to time.

I wish all of them good luck for the future.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: 13 players released by the club....

Postby The Guvnor » Fri May 18, 2018 1:39 pm

You can't beat a good clear out.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Elliot Oshodi?

So good we cant even get his name correct :lol:

I liked Oshodi and so did the youth. Won Young Supporters Player of The Year.

Elliot Godfrey has officially been released as well I presume, if he hadn't already.
An integral part of the team that won the Ryman and more than played his part in establishing us in this division. Thanks for everything.

Good luck to all those moving on.
worruz

Postby WfcGooner » Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 pm

No official announcement on El Gods?

Or Harry? I might still get my £20 back. :lol:
WfcGooner

Postby John Young » Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Good luck to all those players leaving and thank you . To the new squad assembled welcome and here's hoping for a successful season in the league and FA Cup run and good luck to Bobby and the management team uts
John Young

Postby russpa » Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 pm

gutted Eddie has hung up his boots. He was awesome.
russpa

Postby timfparks » Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Eddie is not totally lost to us. He wants some time off to find himself and see the world... it wouldn’t surprise me to find him back in the fold next summer. He just couldn’t commit this season and fair play to him for his honesty. One of the most genuine people I have ever met. Hope to see you again Mr O!
timfparks

Postby Wobs » Fri May 18, 2018 11:38 pm

attic wrote:Thought it would warrant its own thread:

Ricky Wellard, Dan Fitchett, Ryan Sellers, Elliot OShodi, Matt Whichelow, Matt Day from the front runners.

Marcus JS, SHP, Alex LaFleur, Jermaine Osei, Ben Crilley, Ashleigh Artwell, Steph Ngamvoulou from the waifs and strays. Probably couldn't recognise most of them to be honest.

As for the front runners, I think its fair to say (bar Oshodi), it just hasn't worked out even if believe there is some decent talent there. One player who has given us some decent memories without doubt is Ricky Wellard. Ok, so they were few and far in between but at least there is something to remember him by. That goal at Southport, his header against Hereford all played a part in livening up mediocre seasons. Good player, but only he will know why performances weren't consistent under two managers. Oshodi gave his all and put some of our so called strikers to shame with some of his finishing from time to time.

I wish all of them good luck for the future.

"Mediocre" ??

2016/17 saw our highest finish in non league pyramid for over 25 years.

2017/18 saw us reach FAT semi final.

Get real Attic.
Wobs

Postby Wobs » Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 pm

timfparks wrote:Eddie is not totally lost to us. He wants some time off to find himself and see the world... it wouldn’t surprise me to find him back in the fold next summer. He just couldn’t commit this season and fair play to him for his honesty. One of the most genuine people I have ever met. Hope to see you again Mr O!

And I would echo this (you beat me to it Tim). Great guy Eddie.
Wobs

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat May 19, 2018 5:25 am

That fact that there is little or no angst with almost all of these players departing says it all. Some have been almost anonymous; a few have flattered to deceive , with fleeting moments of wonderful memories but otherwise been consistently inconsistent. One name stands head and shoulder above others and that’s Eddie Oshodi. Lovely bloke, played with a smile and just gave it his all in a blue shirt. We’ll miss Eddie and, Tim, I hope you are right that we do see him back in a Stones shirt sometime.
Elmslie Ender

Next

Return to stonesnet forum