13 players released by the club....

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 13 players released by the club....

Postby attic » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm

megaphone wrote:I think it is a safe bet to say that this forum would be in absolute meltdown by now with a new thread heading towards 13 or 14 pages if we had made the same 8 signings that Hampton have............

If their new manager turns that lot into a top 7 side then he is a genius.

Well.....hes conditioned to managing at Rymans level so may yet not know what is really required at this level.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby attic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 pm

I see James Hammond and Sean Lucien have turned up at Hampton. I presume mid table is their target this time around? Hammond was a reasonably solid right back who never convinced some but was better than the majority of right backs that have occupied that position. Lucien....the classic player who flattered to deceive. Had everything, pace, trickery and could cross and finish. Just didn't have the ability to make the right decision though.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am

Hard to see Hampton being up to much next season but you never know, Braintree were recruiting in a similar fashion last Summer and not fancied at all yet they went up.

Maybe the sort of players who are on the Connie South merry go round are not really the answer and good hungry players from the next level down are more effective. However I'm not sure Hampton are even signing the better players from the Ryman.
The Guvnor

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 am

Time after time we see average footballers motivated and moulded into a unit by a manager doing very well. McCann though, is new to this level without having the momentum of a team coming up. Poole and Hungerford did very well when they came up carrying that momentum through with players punching above but with plenty of heart. On the subject of Hammond, very good defender but usually got a nose bleed when in the opposition's half and ended up wasting possession. Football at this level, you need to use the ball better and defenders are no exception.
BillyByrneFan

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Kearney released and signed for Hendon.

Looked way out his depth on the few occasions he turned out for us and another one for the future who never looked as though he had a future.

For what its worth I can't see him doing much at one level lower either and suspect two levels lower is where he belongs.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Was worth a punt on initial inspection. Sadly though, like the majority of this type of player simply wasn't anywhere near good enough for a prolonged run. No need to waste his or our time anymore. So the right decision for him to move on. Good luck.
attic

Postby Not Happy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Guvnor the football expert strikes once more :roll: I think he will be scoring goals at Conference South level in a year or two. Just needs a bit more time.

Some Wealdstone fans really don't have much empathy with players do they. No wonder this forum has got itself something of a reputation in non league circles.
Not Happy

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Not Happy wrote:Some Wealdstone fans really don't have much empathy with players do they. No wonder this forum has got itself something of a reputation in non league circles.

If you care about non league circles you're following the wrong club.

We're more of a line - either you're on the Wealdstone line or I don't care. If Npeter and Euripides from Dulwich think we're a bunch of rambunctious oiks I couldn't give a flying f**k.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby worruz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Not Happy wrote:Guvnor the football expert strikes once more :roll: I think he will be scoring goals at Conference South level in a year or two. Just needs a bit more time.

Some Wealdstone fans really don't have much empathy with players do they. No wonder this forum has got itself something of a reputation in non league circles.

Non league circles :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote of the year on here.

Thanks for that.

Who was Kearney by the way? I can’t even recall him.
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:52 pm

I hope this forum is notorious in non league circles. The vast majority of non league waffle tends to be rose tinted, feel-good, root cause analysis avoiding baloney.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum