Former Players

For all things Wealdstone FC

Former Players

Postby craigw87 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am

Matt Ball has signed for Biggleswade Town, who play in the Southern League Premier Central.
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Re: Former Players

Postby worruz » Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 pm

craigw87 wrote:Matt Ball has signed for Biggleswade Town, who play in the Southern League Premier Central.

I recall cleaning the ground up 20 mins or so after the Colchester FA Cup game and witnessing Matt Ball berating GB in front of the Bulla for not starting him in the game. This went on for a number of minutes. I didn't put it on here at the time as that wouldn't have been right. They've both gone now so its fair enough as far as I'm concerned

Of course Matt Ball was entitled to think he could have done better than those who did play in that game. We did lose 6-2 after all.

However only 2 and a half years after Matt Ball was arguing that he should have been given his chance to play in a game against a League One side the same Matt Ball has just signed for a team in the Southern League Premier Central.

The same Matt Ball who has openly taken the pee out of GB on social media in the time since he was released by Wealdstone.
I usually wish past players all the best in their careers.

Not him though.
worruz

Postby craigw87 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Elliot Benyon has signed for Leatherhead http://www.leatherheadfootballclub.co.uk/news/elliot-benyon-joins-the-tanners-2308764.html

Jefferson Louis has signed for Farnborough- His 37th club
"In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward"
craigw87

Postby attic » Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Funny how most of these players who felt hard done by at being dropped (Ball and Benyon amongst several others) end up playing a level or two below Wealdstone.

Very few players have done us a favour down the years. If anything we've over accommodated one too many.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue & White Army » Wed May 23, 2018 3:44 pm

worruz wrote:
craigw87 wrote:Matt Ball has signed for Biggleswade Town, who play in the Southern League Premier Central.

I recall cleaning the ground up 20 mins or so after the Colchester FA Cup game and witnessing Matt Ball berating GB in front of the Bulla for not starting him in the game. This went on for a number of minutes. I didn't put it on here at the time as that wouldn't have been right. They've both gone now so its fair enough as far as I'm concerned

Of course Matt Ball was entitled to think he could have done better than those who did play in that game. We did lose 6-2 after all.

However only 2 and a half years after Matt Ball was arguing that he should have been given his chance to play in a game against a League One side the same Matt Ball has just signed for a team in the Southern League Premier Central.

The same Matt Ball who has openly taken the pee out of GB on social media in the time since he was released by Wealdstone.
I usually wish past players all the best in their careers.

Not him though.

Shaun Lucien was also involved in the piss taking of GB on twitter, albeit only liking Balls tweets. I've no time for him either.
Blue & White Army

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Benyon showed real glimpses of quality and was ultimately a let down.

Matt Ball never did. Pub player.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby Ronnie » Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Ball also spouted some right bollocks on social media. A bit like his mate Davies. Classless.
Ronnie

Postby LapelsToby » Mon May 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Mustafa Tiryaki with Bedfont Sports who are looking forward to their debut in the Isthmian League South Central next season. He'll be up against the likes of Hayes & Yeading, Northwood and Uxbridge. Scored 3 goals in his first 4 games, I believe.
LapelsToby

Postby craigw87 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:53 am

Interesting to see Scott Mc Cubbin moving to Wingate and Finchley, at 33 years old.

Marvin Morgan moves to Hendon FC.
craigw87

Postby LapelsToby » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Dan Fitchett has re-signed for Steve Claridge's Salisbury in the Southern League South.
LapelsToby

Next

Return to stonesnet forum