Former Players

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Former Players

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:36 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
attic wrote:How's Elliot Benyon and Josh Hill doing these days out of interest? Initial research would suggest two vastly different outcomes.

How about Ricky Wellard, came to us from a club a division above. Gave us some sublime moments now captain of a side higher than us in the league.

Or his replacemant, equaly talented came from a side in our division, touted as the best midfielder in the league. Now playing a level below and his side lost 4-3 to a team containing Elliot Godfrey, funny old game football.

Maybe it was our managers fault as neither GB nor BW could get Wellard to play more than one decent game in five. Naturally he will be superb on Saturday. I also hope that we give our former players, the ones that contributed to Wealdstone, a decent reception as we normally do. I obviously exclude the one that was convicted.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:54 am

Maybe it was our managers fault but the player has to take some responsibility as well.

As I said let’s see where he is in a few months/years and let’s see where we are.
worruz

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

worruz wrote:Maybe it was our managers fault but the player has to take some responsibility as well.

As I said let’s see where he is in a few months/years and let’s see where we are.

I was being sarcastic Peter! Wellard is his own worst enemy: very talented player that has repeatedly flattered to deceive, hence why he has moved around so many clubs.
Elmslie Ender

Postby bootcha » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am

Not so sure why we are all harping on about the past over and over again. They've moved on. Concentrate on the present.
bootcha

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am

bootcha wrote:Not so sure why we are all harping on about the past over and over again. They've moved on. Concentrate on the present.

This has already been explained further up the thread.
worruz

Postby worruz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am

russpa wrote:
attic wrote:I'd like to know as a percentage how many players have left or been bombed from Wealdstone who:

Were deemed not good enough and dropped off the radar

Were deemed not good enough but went on to better themselves at this level. Or even above.

Were good enough but received a better offer at another club at this level

Were good enough and went on to better themselves at a higher level

you will see one in 2 weeks time Ross Lafayette ...dud very well since he left us.

Lafayette has joined Billericay this week so we wont be seeing him tomorrow now
worruz

Postby charlie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am

But you may well see.."Dan Wishart" on Saturday who played for us pre season under GB.

Not a lot of people know that.
charlie

Postby Wobs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:47 pm

charlie wrote:But you may well see.."Dan Wishart" on Saturday who played for us pre season under GB.

Not a lot of people know that.

And we tried hard to sign him when he was playing for H&Y's youth/reserves. H&Y ended up putting him on contract that time. VERY talented as a youngster.
Wobs

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum