Season Tickets

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:21 am

Why bother coming on the forum if you have absolutely nothing to say apart from criticising the valid opinions of fans ?
The Guvnor

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:33 am

Oh god I have to wade in to protect guv's honour here.

He was actually very positive about 1/3 of the way through the season, and said many times on here that he fully expected us to get to the play offs, with several "watch as we now climb the league" comments. He was let down by our league form from players who should have done better than perennial 12th. Putting our trophy run in perspective was our achingly average league form, especially away.

I argued at the time that to be fair to BW he needs a full close season to do his transfer and preparation, so this season he can be fairly judged.

Guv does say in here what should sometimes be kept on the terraces, but a few home truths can't be shut down just by telling him he is moaning for no reason. There's reason.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 am

Yes, a voice of reason.

It has to be said though that if a few comments on here make you depressed then I suspect there are deeper issues that need addressing.

Pre season is also a good time to get that cushion reupholstered as it can be uncomfortable sitting on the fence for long periods.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Would some people prefer a forum with no debate?? Or maybe opinions that only resonate with certain values? Or a forum with a diversity of opinions, the majority of them valid.

The day this forum is like the majority of other forums at our level, ie a safe space of agreeable, happy clappy, feel good batty patting is the day it dies.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby megaphone » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:11 pm

I would say that the last 4 seasons of Conference South football have given us more bad days than good ones. We would struggle to fill a 90 minute DVD of highlights since our promotion.

Now however we have had our biggest turnaround of players since the summer of 1995 when only the likes of Jon Shanahan, Marvin Hall, Rod Brathwaite and Tim Buzaglo escaped the exit door, and most of those only got a brief reprieve. I don't know much about our current crop of newbies but I hope they bring more consistency than those who have left. What I would guess tho is that every one is a better player than Hippolyte-Patrick who joined this time last year............
megaphone

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Waltons Left Boot wrote:Guv does say in here what should sometimes be kept on the terraces, but a few home truths can't be shut down just by telling him he is moaning for no reason. There's reason.

Why should it be kept on the terraces?

This is a fans forum
worruz

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm

charlie wrote:Just what damage was done last season .?

None that I could see .Won more home games at home than in the previous three years put together.!!!! Last four of the major
Non league competition.

The money spent is history. Players move on. .....Season ticket sales .....anything in the 400 mark .

Just need to achieve more glory on the pitch. We all agree on that.

Well if you were happy with this season Charlie then heres to a mid table finish next season.Does it totally matter that our home form was better when our away form was much worse, hence the failure to beat what we achieved the year before.We are not going to win anything like that,we need all form to be good.What really annoys me is the probable record amount of money spent in a league that was the worst since we have been in the NLS and the best chance of getting out of it.We near enough blew it on most accounts.This year will be a much harder League with less money to spend.It is going to be tough this season and I really hope the new bunch of players are well up for it,not like last season.
Big Phil

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 pm

worruz wrote:
Waltons Left Boot wrote:Guv does say in here what should sometimes be kept on the terraces, but a few home truths can't be shut down just by telling him he is moaning for no reason. There's reason.

Why should it be kept on the terraces?

This is a fans forum

I've heard (and sometimes been part of the conversation) that has absolutely ripped our players apart. For example I've thought Fitchett was shite since I first saw him play, and said it every time I saw him after that. I never criticised his workrate but I could see his quality was way below what was needed. I don't think some of what I heard on the terraces which was mainly 4 letter words about him and others would have been helpful aired on the forum verbatim.

I agree that players should stay off here as well as management. But there are other teams' fans too.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 am

Other fans do visit this forum and the main reason is because their own is complete dross, possibly because at some point those that voiced an opinion were driven out by the Snowflake Brigade. I'm not one for really bothering what other clubs think of us but now and again I'll have a little look around at other forums locally and in our league and its 99% garbage. People who won't criticise bad performances or results but go into apoplexy when their team wins is not a balanced forum. There has to be debate because thats what this is, a fans forum. People are free to come on here and voice an opinion whatever it is, if you disagree say so but don't come on here spouting sanctimonious bollocks. If thats your way then I can assure there are plenty of clubs around who would delighted with your custom. This is a very good forum and the reason being is that people come on here and tell it how it is, in the main anyway. Its also a powerful weapon as we've seen on more than one occasion the board have been forced into actions or statements due to the voice of the people. Long live the WFC forum.
The Guvnor

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:37 am

KTF

(Keep the Forum)

Talking of forcing the club into things....any news on Hemelgate?
Waltons Left Boot

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum