Swindon Supermarine: Rumours, opinions and comments...

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: PRE-SEASON: Bracknell Town away: 3-3

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:17 am

hughie wrote:the club is a joke one of our better players being told he's not going to play. blame marsdon all this nonsense started when he came. I used to go to games but have not bothered for years now.

not hughie marshall either

One of our "better players" but you've not bothered going to games for years. So how do you know?
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:47 pm

We all know who the player is ( even Worruz must know ) and its fairly common knowledge what his contract is. Personally I think the player is very average and his contract is a joke. I reckon you could get in 2 players both better than him for his money so off loading him is a no brainer. As always I don't blame the player but whoever thought he was worth it needs to be better advised. He is not one of our better players so lets put that one to bed and as stated it is the mangers perogative as to who he wants in the team and if he happens to be on a contract then its very simple. The player can hang around and pick up his money but probably destroy his career by doing so or he can move on. If we are going to be successful it won't be with that player in the team, end of.
The Guvnor

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:59 pm

It is also common knowledge that the contract he’s on was given to him by the chairman. It would be safe to assume that the manager has agreed the course of action with the chairman as well. I suspect the player concerned is not someone who will stay around if he’s not playing but it may need a deal to be done.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:59 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
hughie wrote:the club is a joke one of our better players being told he's not going to play. blame marsdon all this nonsense started when he came. I used to go to games but have not bothered for years now.

not hughie marshall either

One of our "better players" but you've not bothered going to games for years. So how do you know?

The proper not happies have special powers, don’t you know.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:57 pm

The Guvnor wrote:We all know who the player is ( even Worruz must know ) and its fairly common knowledge what his contract is. Personally I think the player is very average and his contract is a joke. I reckon you could get in 2 players both better than him for his money so off loading him is a no brainer. As always I don't blame the player but whoever thought he was worth it needs to be better advised. He is not one of our better players so lets put that one to bed and as stated it is the mangers perogative as to who he wants in the team and if he happens to be on a contract then its very simple. The player can hang around and pick up his money but probably destroy his career by doing so or he can move on. If we are going to be successful it won't be with that player in the team, end of.

I actually don’t know as I’ve not had any real contact with any Stones fans outside of this forum since the season ended, but I can guess who it is.

I’m guessing B&WA has the hump because he drinks with the players dad and friends at games :lol:

As for Gra.... sorry Hughie who hasn’t been for years :roll: we all know what his problem is.
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:08 pm

I don't think there is any ill feeling on the terraces towards the player concerned. He's generally given his all and is the one player who's never shirked his responsibilities. Was one of the few players who came out of the Brackley debacle with his reputation very much intact.

Agree with what's been written though. If the manager feels he can get better value from another player then surely we have to back this train of thought. We do need to stabilise the wage bill and if it means having to be harsh on a player or two then so be it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:17 pm

attic wrote:I don't think there is any ill feeling on the terraces towards the player concerned. He's generally given his all and is the one player who's never shirked his responsibilities. Was one of the few players who came out of the Brackley debacle with his reputation very much intact.

Agree with what's been written though. If the manager feels he can get better value from another player then surely we have to back this train of thought. We do need to stabilise the wage bill and if it means having to be harsh on a player or two then so be it.

It’s not even being harsh though. It’s just football. I remember reading in Match or Shoot magazine over 35 years ago when Phil Thompson was released by Liverpool and he did an interview. He said they told him he was no longer required as he wasn’t first choose (Hansen and Lawrendon were) and they wanted him to leave. He accepted it and said it was exactly right. This was a man who had been captain and won European Cups, League titles, UEFA Cups, The FA Cup and league Cups.

That’s how it goes. Sometimes you have to move on.
worruz

Postby Blue & White Army » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 pm

worruz wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:We all know who the player is ( even Worruz must know ) and its fairly common knowledge what his contract is. Personally I think the player is very average and his contract is a joke. I reckon you could get in 2 players both better than him for his money so off loading him is a no brainer. As always I don't blame the player but whoever thought he was worth it needs to be better advised. He is not one of our better players so lets put that one to bed and as stated it is the mangers perogative as to who he wants in the team and if he happens to be on a contract then its very simple. The player can hang around and pick up his money but probably destroy his career by doing so or he can move on. If we are going to be successful it won't be with that player in the team, end of.

I actually don’t know as I’ve not had any real contact with any Stones fans outside of this forum since the season ended, but I can guess who it is.

I’m guessing B&WA has the hump because he drinks with the players dad and friends at games :lol:

As for Gra.... sorry Hughie who hasn’t been for years :roll: we all know what his problem is.

I haven't got the hump in the slightest, I was asking someone for their opinion.
I don't drink at matches.....
Blue & White Army

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:16 pm

:lol:

You don't drink at matches and Gra....sorry Hughie hasn't been for years.

We just need Brian Jones to sign up and tell us he never went down like a lead balloon at Worthing

:lol:
worruz

Postby woodman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm

worruz wrote:
attic wrote:I don't think there is any ill feeling on the terraces towards the player concerned. He's generally given his all and is the one player who's never shirked his responsibilities. Was one of the few players who came out of the Brackley debacle with his reputation very much intact.

It’s not even being harsh though. It’s just football. I remember reading in Match or Shoot magazine over 35 years ago when Phil Thompson was released by Liverpool and he did an interview. He said they told him he was no longer required as he wasn’t first choose (Hansen and Lawrendon were) and they wanted him to leave. He accepted it and said it was exactly right. This was a man who had been captain and won European Cups, League titles, UEFA Cups, The FA Cup and league Cups.

That’s how it goes. Sometimes you have to move on.

Purely coincidentally i read an old interview with Ronnie Whelan today - very bitter about how he was released.
woodman

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum