Swindon Supermarine: Rumours, opinions and comments...

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: PRE-SEASON: Rumours, opinions speculation and comments...

Postby charlie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Don t worry about the players.. Ronnie

I would be more concerned about the" FANS,".. look at your mate Palmer the Charmer hitting 120% early doors and burnt out.

Main Concern would be " The Guvnor". He s on auto pilot and could nose dive like.. Mr . AA.

Hughies given up.. Will We have any fans following the glory glory Stones this Year. ??

Season Ticket Sales .. Whats the latest ?
charlie

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:58 pm

No need to worry about me Charlie boy, come the season I'll be ready.

BW trying to get the feel good factor into the squad - can we become a cosy club once again ?
The Guvnor

Postby Ronnie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 pm

The suggestion of that racist being a mate is as odious as it is offensive.
Ronnie

Postby deadly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:26 am

attic wrote:
warren wrote:really good listen on the post match interview just realised

interesting to hear a player who turned up late has been shown the door.

Presume that wasn't Jonathan North or Okimo by any chance??? :D

It MAY be the lad from Bromley...he was sitting behind me in the stand, and was last seen making his way to the station....whoever it was turned up twice late and that was enough to be booted out...knowing that will keep the remaining players on their toes in Bornemouth.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am

So at Bath away a couple of years ago we could of got rid of all the squad and management and about 20% of the Supporters :lol:
Stoney Ground

Re: MARLOW: INFO

Postby deadly » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 am

Having spent the weekend in their Bournemouth training camp, the players should be chomping at the bit for Monday night's game....

Marlow: official club website
http://www.marlowfc.co.uk/

Wiki entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlow_F.C.

Marlow, Buckinghamshire wiki entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlow,_Buckinghamshire
Car: Probably the best route is via M40, A404, but keep checking for road jams and diversions..
The A4155 road runs through Marlow town centre, with the A404 lying one mile to the east, the M40 motorway further to the north, and the M4 motorway to the south.
Postcode for Satnav:
SL7 3ED

AA Live roadwatch:
http://www.theaa.com/traffic-news/index.jsp

View on Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/51%C2 ... 4d-0.77319

Marlow is served by a railway station which is the terminus of a single-track branch line from Maidenhead. The train service is known as the Marlow Donkey, which was the nickname given to the steam locomotives that once operated on the line. There is also a pub with the same name, located close to the railway station.
So for any Stones fans wanting to travel via rail, Paddington to Maidenhead, then change for Marlow.

Pubs: For a relatively small town, Marlow is stuffed with a range of top class pubs & eating establishments, well worth investigating for those fans who can arrive early... :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.mymarlow.co.uk/pubs/
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Re: MARLOW: Rumours, opinions speculation and comments...

Postby attic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Two games I can recall at Marlow. One during an unseasonably hot afternoon in late April after Stones had just secured promotion from Ryman Division Two. Was funny to see the old 'elite' hidden away like vampires in a dingy old pub whilst the majority caught the sun's rays in a beer garden :D The other was that 2-0 defeat in February during 2003 when we were 3rd in the table and ended up plummeting down the league faster than Neymar hitting the deck. This was not tea boy McKeever's finest moment and I can't remember how that steward ended up swinging on the gate at the players tunnel!!

Might drag myself along to this tomorrow to see how we're shaping up.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby timfparks » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Looks like we have a behind closed doors game v Reading u-23s tomorrow, at their training ground. I imagine the squad will be split between Marlow tonight and the Reading workout.
timfparks

Postby attic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 pm

A pleasant evening saw a mixed ability Stones team beat Marlow 1-0. Quite a few first teamers started tonight along with a handful of squad and trial players. The pitch was pretty bad in places, no doubt due to the prolonged heatwave. Stones took the lead in the second half when Pratt fired home from just outside the box. Bubb missed a penalty, had a goal ruled out for offside and then hit the post after a decent turn and shot.

Thought Williams showed some nice touches, Monkana some real pace and skill.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Lanarkian » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 am

I was very impressed by the young goalkeeper trialist, Sonny Wheeler, last night. We were the better side certainly in the second half and I thought it was a good springboard for the future.
Lanarkian

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum