For all things Wealdstone FC

SAM COX

Postby harrowstones » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:30 pm

So is it right BW has binned Sam Cox?

What are peoples thoughts?
harrowstones

Re: SAM COX

Postby attic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Cannot fault his attitude, bravery or fitness levels. Passing could be a bit better though. Its been said on here already but if the manager believes he can get a better player in for less money then the manager has to be supported.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:54 am

You can never fault Cox for his work rate, attitude and the fact that you knew that he gave his all on the pitch. He is forever judged, however, by his alleged wage packet which was agreed by the chairman after all and due to that fact, is he value for money? He wins numerous tackles but with his lack of passing then gives the ball away, so you would think that you can get better value elsewhere.

Not sure this has been handled very well and there were suggestions on Saturday that Cox has been offered a new deal not far away in the Connie South, but at substantially lower terms. He's a man of integrity; Cox isn't the sort of person who will sit around on the bench or worse, not even in the squad.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:58 am

Nobody doubts his work rate or attitude but he's just not good enough and we can do a whole lot better.

Anyone who watches us regularly will know midfield has been our weak area for a variety of reasons and I just find it inconceivable that BW would want to retain any of them.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if Green went as well.

Cox was decent that first season with us but poor last year and if he were on £250 a week then there may have been more sympathy, but he's not and there isn't.
The Guvnor

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 am

What’s becoming clear is that there is no room for sentiment with BW and that probably works both ways. Any issues then players are moved on, if he fails this season he is likely to be moved on too. It’s different to what we have been used to but not necessarily wrong. Some of the comments from a few people on Twitter these past 24 hours are a joke, one even advocating violence.

With regards to Cox, comes across as a great bloke and you cannot fault his work rate. But he’s not the player we thought he was, and that’s reinforced by the lack of clubs willing to pay him what he’s earning with us. I think people have learned a lot over the past year and doubt we’ll see that situation again. BW has apparently done a good job getting good players in on good deals for the club this summer.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby attic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:What’s becoming clear is that there is no room for sentiment with BW and that probably works both ways. Any issues then players are moved on, if he fails this season he is likely to be moved on too. It’s different to what we have been used to but not necessarily wrong. Some of the comments from a few people on Twitter these past 24 hours are a joke, one even advocating violence.

Whoever wrote what they did could easily fall foul of the law. I'd suggest an apology is forthcoming otherwise BW would have every right to take legal action.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:What’s becoming clear is that there is no room for sentiment with BW and that probably works both ways. Any issues then players are moved on, if he fails this season he is likely to be moved on too.

It does work both ways, but then BW probably knows that he has, say, ten games to deliver at the start of the season or he's in rocky waters with a sinking ship ;)
Elmslie Ender

Postby warren » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 am

Played last year with injuries all season. I dont think the manager saw the best of him. Wages aside maybe it's time for him to move in and wish him all the best.

The manager has his own players let's see how he goes

I was surprised at the time he resigned green so doubt he will move on
warren

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Played well at Southport....and....er...
Waltons Left Boot

Postby incredibly happy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 am

Personally I think he will be a big miss and BW should really be building the team around him.

Whatever he is earning he is worth twice that.

Very underrated and terrific range of passing.
incredibly happy

Next

Return to stonesnet forum