Official Club Website new format

For all things Wealdstone FC

Official Club Website new format

Postby deadly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

I have just gone on the new site. Maybe it is because I have Windows 8 on my pc but it takes much longer to load all the pics.
Then when I went into a sub page my pc had the message 'windows has stopped working due to a long running script.'
I cannot find the history pages either...have they been deleted entirely or are they on a sub page that I cannot find?
I had wanted to check whether Wealdstone had played Hemel in 1971 as has been suggested on another site...
I will check it out again on my phone which uses Android, no doubt the new layout will perform better on that.

However, first impressions I am sorry to report as an old git are that it is slower.

Deadly Not Happy :( :( :( :o :roll:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Re: Official Club Website new format

Postby Lanarkian » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 am

The message I am receiving on Windows 10 is:
This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.wealdstone-fc.com sent an invalid response.

It is an unfortunate launch.
Lanarkian

Postby Yellowcoat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

Same for me on an old windows 7 computer: Secure connection failed - Internal error report

Will try again later on windows 10.
Yellowcoat

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am

Lanarkian wrote:The message I am receiving on Windows 10 is:
This site can’t provide a secure connection
http://www.wealdstone-fc.com sent an invalid response.

It is an unfortunate launch.

The old site was behind a secure connection (https://), the new site isn't. If you try to access it via Google, their index hasn't been updated yet so it still directs you to https://. Therefore you will get the error.

However, the new site doesn't appear to have rolled out to everyone yet as I'm still getting the old version on my desktop (but the new on my mobile). Often takes up to 24 hours for major changes and rebuilds to propagate and caches to clear.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Yellowcoat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

Tried to get in via google with the same result. The removal of a secure connection will no doubt cause all sorts of problems. Seems to be a backward step in the current technical age.
Yellowcoat

Postby FGW » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am

Morning all,

The official 'new' website was turned on yesterday - http://www.wealdstone-fc.com/ - thanks to gpflewis and in particular Graham Tallman for doing the donkey work and launching the 're-branded' site....

As ever happy to receive feedback, on this thread, via e-mail to alan.hill51@btinternet.com or come and have a chat at Riccay tomorrow. It would useful if you could say which operating system you are using and whether it is on a desktop, mobile or tablet.

To answer Deadly's question - the 'History' files weren't loaded yesterday; work is on-going to find the best solution to ensure that the info is available as before.

There was a match with Hemel away in the Premier Midweek Floodlight League on 16/2/71 which the home side won 3-1.

If anyone wants to know about a specific game from yesteryear send me an e-mail.
FGW

Postby Yellowcoat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

Is it your intention to provide a secure connection? Without it access is usually blocked in many systems with no opportunity to overide.
Yellowcoat

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:16 am

Yellowcoat wrote:Is it your intention to provide a secure connection? Without it access is usually blocked in many systems with no opportunity to overide.

It shouldn't be blocked. If you use the latest version of Chrome you'll get a browser warning telling you the connection isn't secure, but you will still be able to access the website.

Traditionally secure connections have only been used to encrypt payments, communications, data etc. More sites are now using secure connections to prove their authenticity. The Stones website doesn't process payments (the Megastore does and has a secure connection for those transactions) and doesn't host any sensitive data so a secure connection probably isn't necessary. That said, it's starting to become a standard.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby 61663 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:20 am

Pity about the 'glutches' .... No access on iPad as yet

A bit odd launching new site less than one week into the new league season; would have thought less 'brand' risk / more time to address anticipated issues if undertaken in close season

Any way we still have twitter and here for info.

Postby Yellowcoat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 am

I use Firefox and usually able to make an exception to gain access in these circumstrances but the way the site has been set up this is not allowed in this case.
Yellowcoat

Next

Return to stonesnet forum