Official Club Website new format

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Official Club Website new format

Postby attic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Obviously the technical glitches need to be ironed out asap so keep the feedback coming. However I don't think having our main sponsor prominent on this site is a bad thing. Yes our history is important but consigned to history is where we would be heading if we didn't show a bit of commercial nous from time to time.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm

If it wasn't for GPF Lewis we wouldn't have a new website. Nor a newly sponsored main stand or a new scoreboard (which is on order) thanks to their relationship with Wenzels.. Everything is for sale if it brings in money to improve the club and team IMHO.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby worruz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:If it wasn't for GPF Lewis we wouldn't have a new website. Nor a newly sponsored main stand or a new scoreboard (which is on order) thanks to their relationship with Wenzels.. Everything is for sale if it brings in money to improve the club and team IMHO.

Not quite EVERYTHING in my opinion but I get your point.
worruz

Postby FGW » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Richard Parker wrote:Is this being fixed as pretty bad having a web site no one can access, how does one sponsor anything if you cant even get to the section?

Work continues to iron out the 'wrinkles' - issues with accessabilty are reducing, however to help if any individual is still having a problem it would be useful if they could say whether it is on a desktop/mobile/ tablet and the operating system on the device.

The new Commercial website page can be accessed here - https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/sponsorship

If it is still not working for you then contact Club President, Paul Rumens (paulrumens59@gmail.com or Mobile: 07710929692) who is dealing with Match Sponsorship, Match Ball Donation and Kit Donation enquires this season.

Alan H
FGW

Postby Wobs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Lanarkian wrote:I suspect that I am in the minority but I do not like the new site. I feel that the site has sacrificed quality (such as speed of access) for a glitzy site which takes ages (certainly in Chrome and Windows 10) to get around.

Must confess that I agree with you Lanarkian.

New site doesn't excite me and it seems a lot slower on my laptop than the old one and on my Samsung phone it's slower still and very difficult to access what you're after.

Perhaps we didn't realise just how good the old Hills run site was and how much info there was on it and how easy it was to navigate around.

Alan, absolute EXCELLENT work that your son and yourself did on the site that now seems to have disappeared. Many thanks.
Wobs

Postby worruz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Wobs wrote:
Alan, absolute EXCELLENT work that your son and yourself did on the site.

Hear Hear
worruz

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Eeeeee in my day we used to code everything in notepad with raw HTML. Literally.
And it didn't matter much as only about 3 people read it.

Because I am on holiday at the moment I had thought the slow load times were down to one of those dodgy EU connections that Brexiters have long suspected. Maybe it is just slow/image heavy on the homepage though. Perhaps reduce the colour depth of some of those images?
Waltons Left Boot

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Waltons Left Boot wrote:Eeeeee in my day we used to code everything in notepad with raw HTML. Literally.
And it didn't matter much as only about 3 people read it.

Because I am on holiday at the moment I had thought the slow load times were down to one of those dodgy EU connections that Brexiters have long suspected. Maybe it is just slow/image heavy on the homepage though. Perhaps reduce the colour depth of some of those images?

Looks like it's all the javascript it's trying to load https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/baNFfR/https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/home
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Pieface » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Didn't need their website intrusion in the past seasons.
Pieface

Postby worruz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm

hughie wrote:may as well just paint the whole ground orange. tradition and respect for those who have been in the club a long time is dead now.

Only just caught up with this gem of a post.

Good to see they don’t restrict internet access to the patients at the institute.

Very kind of them.
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum