Official Club Website new format

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Official Club Website new format

Postby FGW » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks for the feed-back yesterday - the majority centred around the slowness of the pages loading - in particular the Home Page.

Work continues to sort out the issues, so if there are still problemes don't be shy add to this thread or send an e-mail to alan.hill51@btinternet.com :)
FGW

Postby trueblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:22 pm

On my iPhone the new website is less easy to navigate. The sections when selected jump or shift. In particular I find the listing of fixtures awkward. The old format was clean, easy to view. I could see it on one page. The new format is cumbersome in naming the home and away teams. Before, I could swipe down and see straight the list of games straight away and the colour coding of our results. Green for win etc.
Would it be possible to have a workshop for fans on the new site. It would be easier to explain the concepts and to discuss issues.
Having said all this, thanks to all those who have put such effort into the new site design. Not an easy job.
trueblue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Bath City and Truro City badges seem to feature on our "Next Match" and "Latest Result" for some reason.
BillyByrneFan

Postby FGW » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:16 am

Thanks for the continued feedback....

In summary:-

Positives: folk like big pictures - working okay on desktop, although a little slow - the layout of the site is 'growing' on people

Negatives: access via a mobile phone is still a big issue (across a range of devices!) - Results page is too wide - dump the Landing page (it serves no useful purpose now the boxes/links have been removed).

Keep the feedback coming.......
FGW

Postby Curtis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 am

Trying to view the new web site on my iPhone 6 Plus i find it takes ages to load the information whereas on the old site you could get the information in a matter of seconds with a couple of clicks.
Why change something that was working perfectly and replace it with something that is quite clearly worse.
Curtis

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Curtis wrote:Trying to view the new web site on my iPhone 6 Plus i find it takes ages to load the information whereas on the old site you could get the information in a matter of seconds with a couple of clicks.
Why change something that was working perfectly and replace it with something that is quite clearly worse.

Get a modern phone :lol:
Stoney Ground

Postby TwoToneStone » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Curtis wrote:Why change something that was working perfectly and replace it with something that is quite clearly worse.

Agreed. If it ain't broke don't fix it....
TwoToneStone

Postby Bowgetstone » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:46 am

I see on the fixtures and results page we have played ourselves a number of times with mixed results!!
Bowgetstone

Postby FGW » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:32 am

New format has now been 'live' for a month.....

Still minor wrinkles to sort out (remove WFC x 40+ times from the results page) - anything else anyone wants to lob into the pot?

Respond via this thread or send an e-mail (alan.hill51@btinternet.com)....

TY

Alan H
FGW

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:42 am

FGW wrote:anything else anyone wants to lob into the pot?

Yeah, I don't think we had a proper chance to say goodbye to the old website.

Do the club have plans to amend this ?
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum